Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am applying to do Performing Arts at Bath Spa, anyone else doing the same , anyone already there doing Performing Arts - if so tell me about it what's it like. is it a good place to study and live.

ReputationRep:
    Another Performing Arts applicant here. Been 6 weeks and not heard anything, no audition date, not even an acknowledgement I guess they are waiting until the deadline date before deciding anything.

Any other applicants heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I don't personally do Performing Arts but my flatmate does. He loves it, it's hard work though, he's always got at least 2 or 3 things a day. But I'm sure he'd tell me to highly recommend the course to you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

My mate had her audition recently, about two days ago. She didn't hear anything on UCAS, but Bath Spa sent her a letter during Xmas, for a Jan audition.

The head of the department, Sam Grogan, said he had another 10 audition days to do between now and March/April. Those who auditioned hear back in 2 weeks.

Apparently the workshop was very physical, a lot of running around so I wouldn't recommend jeans Sam said they have about 24 hours of contact time per week, so it's very intensive.

Lastly, it's about 400 people applying for 40 places. So not as bad as RADA, but still tough. Good Luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks IHope, hopefully I'll hear something soon then.

ReputationRep:
    i have heard that it is in the middle of nowhere, what is it like to live there

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for performing arts and after going on a campus tour it is the uni I really love. It's seems so competitive and I'm DESPERATE to get a place!!! I haven't heard anything from them yet but fingers crossed!!!!!!:eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    me too! i've applied and got nothing back!!

the course looks amazing but the area looks dull.

falmouth and royal welsh are the places to be

..bath is 3rd choice though.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Bath Spa and had a conditional offer after going to an audition back in january.... anyone else got an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosser)
    i have heard that it is in the middle of nowhere, what is it like to live there
    i went there for the open day... yes its sort of in the middle of nowhere, but the grounds are pretty amazing with a lake and woods and stuff! and its only a few miles from bath itself... with bristol 30 mins away...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemimarose)
    I've applied to Bath Spa and had a conditional offer after going to an audition back in january.... anyone else got an offer?

Well done on the offer. Most of us seem to have not even been offered an audition yet. Out of interest when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Audition on the 4th March :eek:

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    hey im going to the audition tomroow.. i know its probably late so you probably wont see it but im scared for the audition lol good luck! see you there,

ReputationRep:
    I went to the audition on the 4th of March too, I got a conditional offer today (exactly one week after!)

Not sure whether I'll accept it or not, as I initially thought that the course included singing and dance, not solely acting. Good luck to everyone waiting for auditions/offers!

x

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard anything!!! It's really annoying me I've heard from all my other unis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tess Crobin)
    I got a conditional offer today
    Well done, I got rejected but not too concerned as it was only a possible insurance choice anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfaromeo)
    Well done on the offer. Most of us seem to have not even been offered an audition yet. Out of interest when did you apply?
    i applied pretty early... like before christmas, think it was early november? dont know if it makes a difference, but i think it helps to be in the first wave of applicants!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have just finished first year Performing Arts @ Bath Spa...(and love it!Can't wait to go back in September!)
    Has anyone set up a Facebook group so you can all meet each other?and also ask us (will be) 2nd and 3rd years any questions?If not, someone set one up and post the link here, I will then share the link with the rest of PA!
    Roll on September!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.