Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm wondering about insurance.

I'm 17, on daily basis I ride Yamaha yzf r125, I want to switch to a car, I'm already doing my license etc etc.

I'm earning around 45k a year at current situation so I'm planning to get a car a bit more expensive, around 7-12k but there is problem with insurance isn't it?

Maybe: Audi TT, Mercedes C320, Chrysler C300, Mercedes c200 something like that.

Now there is a question, how the hell am I gonna get insurance? I've checked for some of the cars, and there were completely now results. Any ideas what can I do? I was thinking about business insurance but don't really know the prices.

I'm get annoyed because of the insurance companies, they should be checking people individually now overall, they probably think I'm another dumb-ass 17 year old thats trying to show off in front of girls, c'mon I'm just trying to have a comfortable and a good car.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There really is no surprise companies will not quote you on the cars you have listed. You're either gonna have to go elsewhere and pay a fortune for insurance or consider different cars. You're only 17 and a new driver, so you're still high risk unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Go talk to your broker, thats who gets my mate great deals on his brand new range rover sportses (pluwalllll)

ReputationRep:
    It sucks but that the way it is, try going to a brooker or insuring it through the manufactour if they do their own insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paxton)
    Hi there, I'm wondering about insurance.

I'm 17, on daily basis I ride Yamaha yzf r125, I want to switch to a car, I'm already doing my license etc etc.

I'm earning around 45k a year at current situation so I'm planning to get a car a bit more expensive, around 7-12k but there is problem with insurance isn't it?

Maybe: Audi TT, Mercedes C320, Chrysler C300, Mercedes c200 something like that.

Now there is a question, how the hell am I gonna get insurance? I've checked for some of the cars, and there were completely now results. Any ideas what can I do? I was thinking about business insurance but don't really know the prices.

I'm get annoyed because of the insurance companies, they should be checking people individually now overall, they probably think I'm another dumb-ass 17 year old thats trying to show off in front of girls, c'mon I'm just trying to have a comfortable and a good car.

Thanks
    1) I call troll here.

2) If you are not a troll then forget about the car, do your full bike test and get a nice bike.

ReputationRep:
    You're really pushing it at 17 to get insured on any of those cars. Get yourself a nice hatchback like a Mini One/Cooper, VW Golf, possibly a Scirocco, BMW 1 series, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Little snooping says he's left College after a year, and he's also said that ICT qualifications are a waste of time, as the industry don't look at them.

He knows this due to working in ICT for years, and dealing with recruitment, I assume.

Basically, **** off, troll.

ReputationRep:
    Im a senior programmer, enough? Now, lets get back to the topic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a senior CCNA consultant.

ReputationRep:
    See how easy it was to lie there?

If it was a truthful topic, I'd happily assist, but it's not.

You're a blatant liar. You've not gone from a college student to a seniors programmers role with no experience and/or qualification.

Take this from somebody who works with ICT consultants, programmers, and networkers on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any programming qualification, and I'm not planning to do any except Zend certification soon.

It's not about age, its about knowledge and experience you got, I had my first job as a php developer when I was 14, now I'm 17 and just after 3 years I work as a senior dev, codeigniter developer. Does it really matter? What's the difference if I prove it to you or not, I will probably never meet you so whats the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paxton)
    I don't have any programming qualification, and I'm not planning to do any except Zend certification soon.

It's not about age, its about knowledge and experience you got, I had my first job as a php developer when I was 14, now I'm 17 and just after 3 years I work as a senior dev, codeigniter developer. Does it really matter? What's the difference if I prove it to you or not, I will probably never meet you so whats the difference.

ReputationRep:
    It would be pretty expensive, talking £10k easily for a TT.

ReputationRep:
    Alright guys, if you want to take this further no problem. What do you need from me? A copy of contract? Payslip? Shoe size?

@edit
    Actually, just close this topic, I ain't got time for childish flame wars.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.