Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There are clinical physiology threads from last years applicants but as there have been changes made to the degree ( including its name) I thought I would make a new thread.

I am applying for the 2011 entry at:
    Swansea
    Manchester Met
    Wolverhampton
    Anglia Ruskin

My A-level subjects are biology, maths and product design
    At As-level I also did chemistry but didn't do to well :/ so I'm hope it wont look to bad on my UCAS lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi Hayley-Anne

I'm also applying to do clinical physiology at man met and swansea
    Have you heard back from either of them yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley-Anne)
    There are clinical physiology threads from last years applicants but as there have been changes made to the degree ( including its name) I thought I would make a new thread.

I am applying for the 2011 entry at:
    Swansea
    Manchester Met
    Wolverhampton
    Anglia Ruskin

My A-level subjects are biology, maths and product design
    At As-level I also did chemistry but didn't do to well :/ so I'm hope it wont look to bad on my UCAS lol
    Thought i'd quote your message because everyone seems to do it, im new to tsr there must be a reason for it aha.

Hi Hayley-Anne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaam8)
    Thought i'd quote your message because everyone seems to do it, im new to tsr there must be a reason for it aha.

Hi Hayley-Anne

I haven't sent my application of yet waiting for my reference but hopefully it will be sent off tomorrow ... finally.

What else have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't sent my application of yet waiting for my reference but hopefully it will be sent off tomorrow ... finally.

What else have you applied for?

Has it been sent off now?

I applied to:
    Swansea - cardiolgy
    Leeds - cardiology
    Man Met - cardiology
    Leeds - human physiology
    Bangor - medical sciences

I've got an offer for the human physiology course at leeds, and interviews at man met and leeds for the cardiology course. Wanting to hear back from Swansea!!
    I'm so excited but nervous for them :s I really don't want to mess up seeing as there are so few places.
    Let me know when you hear back from any!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaam8)
    Has it been sent off now?

I applied to:
    Swansea - cardiolgy
    Leeds - cardiology
    Man Met - cardiology
    Leeds - human physiology
    Bangor - medical sciences

I've got an offer for the human physiology course at leeds, and interviews at man met and leeds for the cardiology course. Wanting to hear back from Swansea!!
    I'm so excited but nervous for them :s I really don't want to mess up seeing as there are so few places.
    Let me know when you hear back from any!
    Finally sent it yesterday
    so might be a while before i hear anything as i don't think they reply during Christmas :/

WELL DONE at getting your offer and interviews!
    Good luck with them and i hope you do well

you might have already seen it, but i found this link on another thread its few years old but oh well lol
    http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...interview.html

ReputationRep:
    hey finally people who have the same interest as me ... no-one from my school is interested in physiology half dont even know what it is ¬_¬

I've sent mine off:
    leeds- cardiology
    swansea-cardiology
    kings-clinical physiology
    leicster- medical physiology
    manchester- physiology

I've got an interview at manchester and kings and leicster have only said they've recieved my application.

im guessing most people would be more intrested in leeds and swansea as their's is more specific :\

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    heyy
    i applied for clinical physiology as well
    i applied to machester met, wolverhampton and leeds
    i applied to liverpool and manchester for nursing :P got rejected by manchester
    still no reply from liverpool, wolverhampton or leeds....
    got an interview invitation from manchester met tho

good luck to all applicants
    n congrats to every1 whos managed n offer or inteview

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    To those who have applied to Manchester Met how long did it take for them to offer you an interview? and how did they contact you?.......yep i am already sick of this waiting game and i only sent my application off less than a week ago x

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i need help! ive just applied for clinical physiology at leeds, but as my back up (first choice, medicine) its says something about being employed by the cardiology department somewhere in the region in order to apply for the course? have u lot done this? thanks just a bit confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara009)
    hey guys i need help! ive just applied for clinical physiology at leeds, but as my back up (first choice, medicine) its says something about being employed by the cardiology department somewhere in the region in order to apply for the course? have u lot done this? thanks just a bit confused
    same :\ i read that you choose after they have made you an offer

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    To those who have applied to Manchester Met how long did it take for them to offer you an interview? and how did they contact you?.......yep i am already sick of this waiting game and i only sent my application off less than a week ago x
    heyy
    i sent my application off during november and it took them a good month or so to reply. i just got an email from ucas saying theres a change on my track. when i logged into tract i saw an invitation =P
    dont worry, you will get yours soon
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I'm doing Clinical Technology at de montfort at the moment, and studying alongside a LOT of Clinical Physiologists of all the specialties (Cardio, Respiratory, GI etc).
    If anyone wants to ask me any questions, feel free to, just quote me or PM me!

Good Luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Manchester Met and conditional offer from Sunderland
    hear noting for 40 days then get two in one day, woop!
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Interview for cardiolgy and respiratory physiology - swansea in febuary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Rachel)
    Hello everyone,

I'm doing Clinical Technology at de montfort at the moment, and studying alongside a LOT of Clinical Physiologists of all the specialties (Cardio, Respiratory, GI etc).
    If anyone wants to ask me any questions, feel free to, just quote me or PM me!

Good Luck everyone!

HI, I am waiting to hear from UCAS as have a pplied for clinical physiology at demontfort. Just wondered what the course is like and if you have any info about things to say if i get an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brinn)
    HI, I am waiting to hear from UCAS as have a pplied for clinical physiology at demontfort. Just wondered what the course is like and if you have any info about things to say if i get an interview?
    The course is good, its only one day a week for the first two years, but considering the limited contact time the tutors really get to know you.

I don't think you will have an interview with demontfort, you will need to apply for the jobs which will be on the nhs jobs website soonish I think. Then it'll be like a normal job interview.

Whereabouts are you located? If in the midlands, Wolverhampton Uni do an open day about the course which is always really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Rachel)
    The course is good, its only one day a week for the first two years, but considering the limited contact time the tutors really get to know you.

I don't think you will have an interview with demontfort, you will need to apply for the jobs which will be on the nhs jobs website soonish I think. Then it'll be like a normal job interview.

Whereabouts are you located? If in the midlands, Wolverhampton Uni do an open day about the course which is always really helpful.
    It's all changed now, thanks to the modernising health careers mess. You MUST now apply through UCAS, its now a 3 not 4yr degree...............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mantis101)
    It's all changed now, thanks to the modernising health careers mess. You MUST now apply through UCAS, its now a 3 not 4yr degree...............
    Thats all in now then? Knew it was coming, but we never got confirmation of it starting in September.

It's all full-time as well isn't it? Unlucky people who are applying this year!

ReputationRep:
    I've had an offer come through from leeds on ucas, but I don't know how to get started on applying for trainee jobs :s does anyone know?
    I've had a look on NHS jobs but there are no trainee positions on there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.