Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The New How much can you lift thread! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Rules: You can post your stats only if accompanied by vids/pics or support of anther memeber.

Lifts must be:

1. Freeweight
    2. Full range of motion/fully locked out/squat below parallel
    3. Not bounced of chest/hitched deadlift/double movements
    4. None spotter assisted
    5. No lifting straps
    6. A proper lift, Squat - Bench - Deadlift - Overhead Press

This is not exhaustive, if you do something interesting and can back it up like a dumbbell jerk, log press, atlas stone load etc then post it up.

This thread is for actual lifters/bodybuilders who can back up thier talk - we don't care about anyone else.

Girlies welcome too, they have a tendancy not to BS numbers like men trying to be alhpas!

ReputationRep:
    I'll go first

Not got a raw squat vid unfortunatly.

Here is an equipped 370kg in comp

A raw 200kg bench

An equipped 230kg bench

A 320 raw deadlift

Winning the Silver Dollar deadlift event at St Ives Strongest man 2010

Taking 2nd Place (and the comp title) in the inch dumbbell medley (im at the end)

ReputationRep:
    No videos of any sort (never thought any of the lifts I've achieved have been worthy of recording)
    140 Deadlift
    110 Squat
    90 Bench

Although I haven't squat that in a long time so I should probably amend that to 100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Militantbuthopeful)
    No videos of any sort (never thought any of the lifts I've achieved have been worthy of recording)
    140 Deadlift
    110 Squat
    90 Bench

Although I haven't squat that in a long time so I should probably amend that to 100
    The very first sentance

Rules: You can post your stats only if accompanied by vids/pics or support of anther memeber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattGriff)
    The very first sentance
    Have no vids or other members within miles of me so that rules stats out, but impressive stuff there.

ReputationRep:
    The very first sentance
    Sorry missed that, okay I'll try and have something by this time next week
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Squat, 160 x 5, deep. Witnessed by the TSR member Herr Stamper.

ReputationRep:
    120 total, 50 snatch, 70 c+j after 2 months of technique work. Aiming for 220 by next xmas.

c+j http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvyVFl7EARk
    snatch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znWQy91fPmg

Both done at the end of long sessions. I think Ill be good for 150 in a week tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Witchita)
    120 total, 50 snatch, 70 c+j after 2 months of technique work. Aiming for 220 by next xmas.

c+j http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvyVFl7EARk
    snatch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znWQy91fPmg

Both done at the end of long sessions. I think Ill be good for 150 in a week tbh
    Nice to see some oly lifts.

Technically a powerclean (a nice one to be fair) - your split jerk needs work mind, try pusing your lead foot out to the side a bit, allows a lower sink

The snatch is a power snatch too, can you do a full snatch or not got the balance yet?

Well done all the same

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see some oly lifts.

Technically a powerclean (a nice one to be fair) - your split jerk needs work mind, try pusing your lead foot out to the side a bit, allows a lower sink

The snatch is a power snatch too, can you do a full snatch or not got the balance yet?

Well done all the same
    Lets see where the videos are...

Full clean and better jerks of 60kg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe0r91_iHw4

and a 75 clean and missed jerk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5alAZEY880

And I can full snatch kinda. I can catch it and get down there nice and low and quick but then my upper back just doesnt have the strength to support the bar during the bounce, its a strength issue not technique according to the guy whos coaching me.

These are also my second session since learning the jerk, I need to develop the balls to leave the split late and really hammer my feet evenly. I either go front foot miles forward and drop the bar forward or backfoot miles back and not have any power in the jerk.

Iv been at it since mid-october focussing on hammering the technique and bar paths, now its time to get the strength into things. Coach has prescribed this for me:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Workout 1:
    Snatch
    Clean/blocks
    Push press
    Back squat
    abs

Workout 2:

Low hang snatch
    C+J
    Front squat
    Pullups

Workout 3:

Snatch
    Low hang Clean
    Jerk
    Back squat
    Press

Workout 4:

OH squat
    Clean and jerk
    Back squat
    Abs

Workout 5:
    Snatch
    Clean2
    Back jerk
    Front squat
    Pullups

Workout 6:
    Low hang snatch
    Clean and jerk
    Back squat
    Press

Squats being done 6x5 until I get the highbar technique better then down to 5x2, snatches all 5x2, clean and jerks alternating between 10x1 and 5x2

ReputationRep:
    Looks good and he sounds like he knows what he is doing. I have maximum respect for the olympic lifts!

ReputationRep:
    Looks good and he sounds like he knows what he is doing. I have maximum respect for the olympic lifts!
    To be honest were learning together! Hes been training for 2 years without a coach and is putting up 125/165 quite comfortably in training and hes tought and kicked my technique into line in little over a month. Its a huge step up in volume for me but thats what you get with oly lifting. So he's learning how to coach, im learning how to lift and its quite nice. I just need to find a platform or gym with bumpers which let me drop for over xmas, easter and summer near where I live now.

ReputationRep:
    Deadlift - 220kg
    Squat - 162.5kg (fairly old 1rep, my PR is 150kg x 5, sadly no vid)
    Bench - A measly 90kg x 3, no vid or witnesses sorry

Deadlift vid:

Squat vid, also contains some older deadlift footage:

ReputationRep:
    160kg front squat
    160kg back squat
    140kg bench
    110 push press x 3
    250 deadlift x 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv25l1A8UEA for 160 front squat. I didn't make this so ignore the music/title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzaa)
    160kg front squat
    160kg back squat
    140kg bench
    110 push press x 3
    250 deadlift x 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv25l1A8UEA for 160 front squat. I didn't make this so ignore the music/title.
    How heavy was that keg? Looks like fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    How heavy was that keg? Looks like fun
    It was light, 82kg. we were dicking around and then we got scared as we thought the rusty stairs wouldn't hold the weight. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Squat 180, a bit high

Bench 137.5

Deadlift 230, no video only have video of 220

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u4m1r)
    Squat 180, a bit high

Bench 137.5

Deadlift 230, no video only have video of 220
    Your knees locked out quite early on the deadlift. Still more weight than I can lift though lol

Lifts must be:

1. Freeweight
    2. Full range of motion/fully locked out/squat below parallel
    3. Not bounced of chest/hitched deadlift/double movements
    4. None spotter assisted
    5. No lifting straps
    6. A proper lift, Squat - Bench - Deadlift - Overhead Press

This is not exhaustive, if you do something interesting and can back it up like a dumbbell jerk, log press, atlas stone load etc then post it up.

This thread is for actual lifters/bodybuilders who can back up thier talk - we don't care about anyone else.

Girlies welcome too, they have a tendancy not to BS numbers like men trying to be alhpas!
    Very nice thread, hate all the "how much can you lift threads" where half of it is pure BS!

205 with wraps. If you remember on facebook discussing depth in the group, I went deep enough here, the angle on the other video must have made it look a lot higher than it was.

220 from a while ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    Very nice thread, hate all the "how much can you lift threads" where half of it is pure BS!

205 with wraps. If you remember on facebook discussing depth in the group, I went deep enough here, the angle on the other video must have made it look a lot higher than it was.

220 from a while ago

Whats your deadlift and bench at now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.