Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    the question we got was...
    Compare and Contrast the transport systems that provide cells with the necessary components for respiration and remove respiration waste products in plants and in animals. [10 + 1] [11 marks]

This is what i have soo far.....

Respiration in plants: Gas exchange is essential for photosynthesis, the plant organ that is involved in this process is the leaf. Plants take in carbon dioxide through holes on the undersides of their leaves known as stomata.
    Respiration in animals: Gas exchange is by diffusion. The circulatory system is in close association with the respiratory system. Oxygen is either already dissolved in water or dissolves in the water at the respiratory surface. Oxygen moves into the circulatory system by diffusion. Oxygen moves through the circulatory system. Gases are exchanged at the tissue again by diffusion.
    Plants do not need O2 carrier (in contrast to animals) where O2 is carried by blood). This is because O2 requirement is less than in animals and plants have a large surface area (leaves) to absorb the required amount of O2 through diffusion. In plants, O2 released during photosynthesis in day time is made available for respiration. However, rate of photosynthesis is greater than that of respiration. Thus, plants give out excess O2 in the daytime. However, they give out only CO2 at night as photosynthesis stops in the absence of sunlight. Animals give out CO2 at all times.

Could you guys help me out with wat else i could write....plzzz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetgirl_haz)

Could you guys help me out with wat else i could write....plzzz
    Hemoglobin. Necessary for transporting O2 to the muscles for respiration (Oxyhaemoglobin), as well as transporting the CO2 back to the lungs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.