Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    iam wondering if a second language beside english and arabic would be worth. iam thinking to begin some courses in german iam in my 3rd year now studing accounting and finance does a 3rd language (German) would be usefull specially in my field?

ReputationRep:
    Probably, but your English needs to be improved first and foremost.

ReputationRep:
    I'm learning Icelandic as a third language, with English and Norwegian being my first and second respectively. I'd say it's worth it if you're interested in the language in itself and the associated culture, history, et cetera.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to study a language to improve educational-wise, learn Mandarin =)

Oh yeah, above post too - improve your English first ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Instincts_2012)
    If you want to study a language to improve educational-wise, learn Mandarin =)

Oh yeah, above post too - improve your English first ^

thanks for your advice ,but indeed i know that

ReputationRep:
    It might depend on what you wanna do in the future.

ReputationRep:
    hell yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Like a lot of other people have said, I'd concentrate on your English first if I was you. After that? Yeah, go ahead and fill your boots. Take on another language if you enjoy learning languages - it'll end up being another string to your bow after-all.

ReputationRep:
    Nah they all speak English!

ReputationRep:
    Yes German is a very good language to learn. Especially as the beer is the best in the world.

ReputationRep:
    i would say all the languages are worth, it is depend on your interest. Of course, if you are looking for a languages that can bring you maximum benefit, then go for the languages with large population such as Spanish or Chinese

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.