what gcse's do i need for law? Watch

This discussion is closed.
sejpej
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
I got in to do law with bio, phys and maths at A2....at cam....but if i were you....i'd put at least one essay subject...

You need very good grades to get in to top unis for law cos its such a competitive course.....but unis that don't interview may prefer you to have an essay subject...

Having said that...i was rejected from bristol....but got offers from leicester, cam, UCL and KCL (all without interview).

To stand out from other applicants...you've got to show a keen interest in the subject....eg. work experience....attending law conference...etc...

G
hey could u advise me on what gcse's i should do 4 law?
and what kind of things can u do to show a keen interest to the subject
how can u attend a law conference?
plz elp
thnx
luv sejpej
xxx
Phaedra
Report 16 years ago
How else can u experience law in yr 9/10 except from work experience??
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Phaedra)
How else can u experience law in yr 9/10 except from work experience??
Court proceedings are open to the public...unless they involve minors....so anyone can go and sit in the local courts and watch cases to experience law....

BTW- if you are applying for law....don't say you watch ally mcbeal....not a good sign...

G
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When will anybody learn GCSE's are really not important though they seem so at the time, As long as you get good enough grades to do A levels and a min. B in Eng, Math, and Sci, in my case your ok.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
When will anybody learn GCSE's are really not important though they seem so at the time, As long as you get good enough grades to do A levels and a min. B in Eng, Math, and Sci, in my case your ok.
No....i disagree....they are quite important...granted they aren't as important as amny people make out...and you can still do well without brilliant GCSEs...but getting good GCSEs makes certain things...like applying to uni...so much easier!

G
lilmissnaughty
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my bf took : latin, english lit, english lang, dual award science, history, latin, maths, french for GCSE

hes taking: classics, economics, history and english for AS

he wants to do law tooo and his teacher says he has chosen really good subjects

xxx
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilmissnaughty)
my bf took : latin, english lit, english lang, dual award science, history, latin, maths, french for GCSE

hes taking: classics, economics, history and english for AS

he wants to do law tooo and his teacher says he has chosen really good subjects

xxx
That does sound like a very good selection....i rebelled and went for sciences and maths at AS...dropping chem at A2!!! Hehe!! Thigns seem to have worked out though!!

G
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads