Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello, can anyonegive a list of ideas i can base my as ict coursework on as im confused and don't know what to base my spreadsheet on. I cant identify a problem for a business and where to start

ReputationRep:
    i based mine on a local sunday football leauge. I spent ages on it and ended up with a system that automatically: ordered the football table, stored all the data on past matches, fined players every time they got a red card, printed certificates every month for highest goal scorer etc etc etc all from inputting data (result, goal scorers etc) after a match was played.
    You could do this for near enough every sport.
    I cant remember what anyone else did.

But dont forget you get most of your marks from the write up, not the actual system. (but the system does have to be complicated enough to write an indepth analysis, development, implementation etc on)

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your iddea, but students in the clas have completly diffrent ideas for example phone shops, takeaway businnesses, hairdressers etc. Where does football fit in that catergory? i was thinking about dvd rentals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danyalnazar2010)
    thanks for your iddea, but students in the clas have completly diffrent ideas for example phone shops, takeaway businnesses, hairdressers etc. Where does football fit in that catergory? i was thinking about dvd rentals?
    what exam board are you with?
    I was with AQA (3 years ago) and think that we had to complete the system for a real end user in mind. (it didnt HAVE to be a business, it could easily be an organisation) e.g. have you heard of yellowjersey.co.uk? - my system was similar to this but for a smaller audience - and therefor had more/different features such as the certificates/fines i mentioned earlier

ReputationRep:
    im with AQA and i just visited that website, thanks for your help you gave me some ideas

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.