Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im in my first year at Sheffield Hallam and don't know anyone that I would like to share a house with, my coursemates I am friends with are mature students and have houses of their own.

If theres anyone in the same situation that needs people to share their house with then please let me know!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Me and my friend are in a similiar situation

Near all the friends in our social circle either already live in sheffield or got their houses sorted :mad:

Not quite sure what to do lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hi You not started uni yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of in the same situation. There are people I can live with but I am not sure about it because they are both incredibly messy. I'm first year biochemistry right now. Some of my friends still live with their parents, some are already sorted.
    Let me know anyway, we can meet up in town if you want and see how we get on. (:

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend are both in our first years!

@Emilay - Me and my friend both do forensic bioscience, so I *think* we share a lot of lectures, I might be wrong

Problem for both of us is that like I said, a lot of our friends are from sheffield living with their parents, so they don't have to worry about getting a flat :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's probably very likely I've seen you then! I have the exact same problem with my friends. I can't persuade them to move out either lol. (:

ReputationRep:
    Yep haha. I might just shout out Emily (if that's your name) and see who turns round, although saying that everyone will turn round to see what idiot shouted it out

And yep, same problem here! Although it's just too hard to convince them, especially if they aren't even paying any rent at their parents!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is, it just started getting spelt that way as a silly nickname =P
    Don't you dare do that, I don't think I'd turn around if you did!
    I'm guessing you totally know what I mean when I mention how amazing Jane Gurman's impression of muscular dystrophy was (:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I might just have to shout out now... :cool: Actually I wouldn't dare, I'd be too embarressed

Jane Gurman is just... . She makes me laugh but scares me at the same time lol! I'm a bit glad she isn't my tutor

Are you in the Jane Gurman Appreciation Society on facebook? If you are, I might just have to try and stalk find you!

ReputationRep:
    Well I left a link to my FB on your page. I'll take it out once you've found it so I don't get stalked =P
    Yeah I've joined that, this is so creepy haha - small world.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I've seen you, might of even talked to you like... oO haha. 2 mutual friends xD

ReputationRep:
    Im all confused haha :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lauren. It turns out we are on really similar courses and stuff xD
    What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    It's a small world lol. Right, back to topic!

So I guess we should find a few more people, magically get to know each other really quickly and whack down a deposit. How does that sound?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing extended degree bioscience at the minute, which is just a nice way of saying foundation :P

ReputationRep:
    Lol! How many people are we looking for?
    And may I suggest a small outing to make sure we don't drive each other mad (:

You are biosciences too? Awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, hows five sound? Maybe a few boys? I find the idea of all girls a bit scary but im open to debate :P

And thats definately a plan

ReputationRep:
    Well it's handy we're doing similar course! And yeah, I guess a little meet up to test each others sanity would go a long way

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend are guys. And actually, Emilay and my friend have worked in labs together, so that's quite a bonus lol.

We'll have to arrange something, do you have facebook Lauren? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yep is www.facebook.com/lauren.warburton2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.