Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Considering getting a PS3 Watch

ReputationRep:
    And before anyone says get an Xbox 360, I already have one

It is the oldest 360 though, 20GB hard drive with no wireless and no HDMI port. So I was thinking about selling it and buying the 360 slim, but do you think it would be a better idea to just buy a PS3? I would still get the exclusives for my 360, and any shooting games too, but there are so many exclusives I want to play on the PS3! I was thinking maybe this bundle:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlaySta...8&s=videogames

What do you people reckon?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, PS3 is the way forward

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, I love my 360. But I want to play Uncharted, God of War, GT5, etc etc

ReputationRep:
    If you have the option to have both, why not

ReputationRep:
    I have an X360 and at the time, the exclusives were much better (halo, forza motorsport etc) and sad to say (as a X360 fanboy :cool: ), PS3 exclusives are MUCH MUCH MUCH better if you don't like FPS as much.

Exclusives like Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 is seriously swaying me to get an PS3.

You like online FPS- X360 is more suited

Anything else- PS3

If you have a HD tv, get a HDMI cable!

TBH, I'm probably gonna get negged, but hey! Life is too short.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it.

I have both consoles, I've only been playing my PS3 for the last 6 months or so, bar Alan Wakw and ME2 which is now coming to PS3 too

ReputationRep:
    I may just get one to play Gran Turismo 5! I've done that before when I Tomb Raider came out haha!

ReputationRep:
    Is the deal I linked to a good price then do you think? I don't really know the typical good price for a PS3, they all seem to vary rather a lot online.

ReputationRep:
    I just got a PS3 after having had an Xbox 360 since launch day, and I think the PS3 is so much better Better interface, better exclusives, not as many annoying 13 year old kids online (yet).

Bad side is the crappy controller and the online system isn't as good as LIVE, but then again it is free.

That deal you linked to is good I'd say

ReputationRep:
    For me, the PS3 and Xbox seem to even out - just go with whichever has the games you want and has ones coming out that you want...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    I just got a PS3 after having had an Xbox 360 since launch day, and I think the PS3 is so much better Better interface, better exclusives, not as many annoying 13 year old kids online (yet).

Bad side is the crappy controller and the online system isn't as good as LIVE, but then again it is free.

That deal you linked to is good I'd say
    This!

I had a 360 but it broke twice, then got the 250 G slim around March last year and its much better. Better exclusives for sure. I much prefer the 360 controller but you'll get used to the PS3 one.

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you get the 120 or 250gb version i think they are. So you can still jail brake it

ReputationRep:
    PS3 :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with having both. The PS3 has had some brilliant exclusives in the past couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your help guys . Yeah the main bad thing about getting the PS3 is the controller (shudder) but I'm sure I could get used to it, I did have a PS2 before my 360 and also the price. I found a deal the same as the one in my OP but it's not the limited edition of GT5, which to me isn't a big deal as I don't have loads of cash

EDIT - just realised the difference is only £10 so if I go for it I may as well get the collectors which is worth like £60

ReputationRep:
    I say go for it, and you may as well get that offer with the 320Gb if you reckon you need 320GB..

I bought my Ps3 to accompany my 360 last week(for GT5 mainly)

I went for a 160GB Deal and then bought GT5 on top as i think 160GB is way more than enhough tbh... But then again i had employee discount at ASDA to take advantage off...

If you have the money then get the PS3, it's a nice feeling. Only problem i have is i don't know which console to buy future games on now... Like TDU2 , i have Pc or Ps3 or 360 to buy it on and can't decide atm.... Life's tough...

ReputationRep:
    You've already got a Xbox and the opportunity arises to get a PS3, GET ONE!

You can always upgrade your Xbox the next time around....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I say go for it, and you may as well get that offer with the 320Gb if you reckon you need 320GB..

I bought my Ps3 to accompany my 360 last week(for GT5 mainly)

I went for a 160GB Deal and then bought GT5 on top as i think 160GB is way more than enhough tbh... But then again i had employee discount at ASDA to take advantage off...

If you have the money then get the PS3, it's a nice feeling. Only problem i have is i don't know which console to buy future games on now... Like TDU2 , i have Pc or Ps3 or 360 to buy it on and can't decide atm.... Life's tough...
    Oh god yeah such a horrible position to be in well I've been shopping around and the price differences seem very small considering it's twice as much storage so I'm unsure. yeah employee discount would be rather nice My plan if I go through with it is buy the PS3 with a GT5 bundle probably, then pick up second hand Uncharted (then uncharted 2 in the future), Heavy Rain and the God of War collection (the first 2 on blu ray) because I never played them when I had my PS2 and I regret that! In terms of what console to get multiplatform games, if it's down to between the PS3 and the 360 I would probably go with the 360, developers tend to prefer it and therefore you get better graphics and much better performance. (Eg Bayonetta (i think), Red Dead). And my laptop isn't bad for gaming but I prefer consoles by far!

(Original post by aimz666)
    You've already got a Xbox and the opportunity arises to get a PS3, GET ONE!

You can always upgrade your Xbox the next time around....
    Haha yeah that's my line of thinking... I have a friend who seems to think it's a better plan to spend £140 (I'd probably get around £60 on eBay for my current 360) on upgrading the Xbox than about £240 on a whole new console + blu ray player!!

ReputationRep:
    Only an idiot would sell their X360 to buy a PS3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonCha)
    Only an idiot would sell their X360 to buy a PS3.
    Guess I'm an idiot then?

Oh wait, best choice I've made in a long time.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.