Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Night Revision Schemes for extreme cramming - 6pm to 6am, 11pm to 7am: Shall I do it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i'm a gap year student who was entered for some exams (3 in total - FP1 + 2 x A2 Physics) in September for January before I applied to UCAS.

Anyway, since I sent my application off, I recieved 2 Unconditional offers (one from UCL :eek:), so I don't need to sit the exams, well, sort of. I am still waiting on Imperial, whom I emailled before applying and they said, they understand that my (****) school didn't offer A2 Physics so allowed me to self-teach it in my gap year but will require an A in it. Manchester also gave me an offer of an A in Physics, but i'm not taking that when I have an unconditional from UCL. :rolleyes:

Since I recieved my unconditionals from UCL and B'ham quite early, I found a job to make some money (as these were the two places I wanted to go initially) so for the rest of the year I could make money to fund my studies and living costs and whatever.

But seeing as i'm entered, I still have a month and a half (6 weeks) to literally do some kind of extreme revision scheme and score high A's in the 3 exams, and have the option of Imperial offer, should they give me an offer.

The only problem is my work times, despite me being allowed to pick the hours, they're like slap-bang in the middle of the day:

* 12pm - 8pm

* 5pm - 10pm

* 10.30am - 6pm

And a few other hours like that. On top of this I attend school sometimes on a Monday morning (9am-12pm) and Thursday afternoon (1pm-4pm) just for like extra support if the self-teaching gets a bit much. But tbh, like I said in the first paragraph, I don't need to sit the exams, as UCL was my first choice, but a lot of people tell me to go for Imperial and yeah. I mean if I had an Imperial offer already, ofcourse i'd consider it, but they haven't even given me an interview yet, so I don't know, shall I bother sitting exams and revising or just take up more and more hours of work and make more and more money?

Let's say I do the revision (extreme one)...

Work = 12pm-8pm; Revision = 9pm-3am; Sleep = 3am-10am; Exercise/Breakfast,etc = 10am-12pm

Work = 5pm-10pm; Revision = 11pm-6am; Sleep = 6am-12pm; School = 1pm-4pm

Work = 10.30am-6pm; Revision = 7pm-1am; Sleep = 1am-9am

I mean it is manageable/do-able but i'm not sure if I should bother. Btw, the hours are a bit hectic and stuff because remember it is cramming 3 modules in 6 weeks so pretty much a module in 2 weeks, which is a bit... :/ plus quite long work hours.

Sleep will be affected, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem, since my work itself, is quite straight forward and I can give up my social life for 6 weeks or so.

Thoughts? Any input is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention, that I do tutoring. Infact, so much of it that, in the time I could be studying myself, i'm tutoring instead. :sigh:

Do I study or gain extra income? I can't study without doing nights and I can't do night unless I drive myself crazy.

Anybody else do night revision?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.