Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    K, so Mr. Teacher set this essay [To what extent was there a post war consensus from 1951-79?] and it's too widespread for my liking - having to take into account 25+ years of socio-political events and coming to a conclusion. Kinda having some difficulty, in what I should be including and how I should be structuring it...

I've included a definition of what the post war consensus is, as a part of my intro, hinting I believe there was one. "Middle section" will probably be something like from an economic stand point, there certainly was - with Keynesian economics (stop-go cycle of freeing/limiting legislation) being dominant for the "13 wasted years" and beyond (despite attempts to break away from this part of consensus).

From the sociological standpoint, the Labour Govt of 1964 to 1970, the "fairer society" part of the Consensus was certainly met by laws introduced/ammended by Roy Jenkins, and the liberal society spurred on by the youth revolution. Perhaps this can be true for the 13 wasted years, when there was a vast increase in the quality of life in British culture? (Affluence leading to technology leading to consumer culture seen across the board)

Apart from that I'm pretty stuck; not sure how to expand that, and what else to include to make the essay about 3 A4s... Any ideas?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.