Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are people so naive to think America and the UK are the same? Watch

ReputationRep:
    People always say stuff like 'oh america does this so it can't be difficult for us to do this' or 'it works like this in america so it does in the uk too' etc.

Are you all that stupid to think America is the exact same as the UK? It's not. It's completely different. We have nothing in common with them. We have more in common with Germany than we do with America so shut the **** up.

People seem to think America and the UK are one and one working together as a united nation and somehow we should look out for them as they do us, but it's bull****. America doesn't care about the UK and we should not suck up to America like we do. David Cameron even claimed (and I quote) "Britain was the junior partner to America throughout World War Two". This is just wrong and makes me sick. We all know Mr C is a spineless fool, but this seems to be the common attitude in this country.

Why are people so naive and will there come a time people will realise Americans are ***** and we are better than them? Seriously forget the ****ing Americans! They are not us!

ReputationRep:
    All I care about is House and Scrubs .

This thread is boring, NEW THREAD!!!

Don't you think American TV is getting better then British TV?.

ReputationRep:
    Omg get a life, and we have a lot in common with them seeing as we basically developed the country along with the French, Spanish and Dutch

ReputationRep:
    All fault goes to Tony Blair as he acts just like a pet of W Bush

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis :D)
    Omg get a life, and we have a lot in common with them seeing as we basically developed the country along with the French, Spanish and Dutch
    We have nothing in common with them. We may have discovered the land and founded the country, but their culture and society is massively different to our own.

You are one of the naive people I was referring to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felix06)
    All fault goes to Tony Blair as he acts just like a pet of W Bush
    This is what I thought too. No doubt Cameron will do just as bad a job (probably worse) and the same again for Milliband after the next elections.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.