Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why doesn't my boyfriend show me much affection anymore? Watch

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for about half a year now, & I can say that I am really in love with him and can't imagine my life without him. There's one thing that's always on my mind though... he doesn't seem to show me affection any more.
    I know (well, as much as someone can be sure) that he still loves me, but I don't understand how someone can go from showing a lot of affection at the beginning, to only kissing me when I kiss him, or me initiating things.
    I could understand more if it had always been this way, but it seems to have changed.
    Anyone else been through a similar experience before?
    x
    • TSR Support Team

Simple answer to this is talk to him about this.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him and realise that the 'honeymoon period' doesn't last forever. It surprised me how many people don't expect the levels of affection to drop over time, of course they will. It's not all new and exciting like at the beginning. It doesn't mean there's any less love in the relationship, just that you're both used to each other and comfortable together.

Like an old pair of slippers - not the most colourful or exciting, but they are the best and most comfortable slippers in the whole world, and you couldn't dream of getting a new pair.

ReputationRep:
    What kitty said, basically.

But that doesn't mean it can't be picked up again.

Because trust me it can, PM me if you want further details - 'sparking up love/sex life' is a massive industry which I have many friends and colleagues in.

ReputationRep:
    Have you stopped putting out?

ReputationRep:
    Poke him on Facebook and see his response.

If he ignores you, it means he doesn't love you anymore. :nopity:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wear stockings and some sexy lingerie or something.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably cheating on you bbz xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for about half a year now, & I can say that I am really in love with him and can't imagine my life without him. There's one thing that's always on my mind though... he doesn't seem to show me affection any more.
    I know (well, as much as someone can be sure) that he still loves me, but I don't understand how someone can go from showing a lot of affection at the beginning, to only kissing me when I kiss him, or me initiating things.
    I could understand more if it had always been this way, but it seems to have changed.
    x
    Revive your relationship with frequent, experimental sex.

ReputationRep:
    If the passion has died after only 6 months, then either you, or your boyfriend, is rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonKitty)
    Talk to him and realise that the 'honeymoon period' doesn't last forever. It surprised me how many people don't expect the levels of affection to drop over time, of course they will. It's not all new and exciting like at the beginning. It doesn't mean there's any less love in the relationship, just that you're both used to each other and comfortable together.

Like an old pair of slippers - not the most colourful or exciting, but they are the best and most comfortable slippers in the whole world, and you couldn't dream of getting a new pair.
    I like

x
    he's tired of you. and he also likes someone else at the same time. take it easy. if he gets that girl, he'll dump u. if the girl rejects him outright, he'll treat u better once he gets over his rejection.

ReputationRep:
    Affection is different to sex too. You could get no affection but still be having the most amazing sex ever, or vice versa.

In most long term relationships you tend to have less sex as you go along, true, but it doesn't mean OP isn't getting any at all.

ReputationRep:
    x
    we aren't him, ask him not us

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.