The Student Room Group

Male honor killing victims?

Has anyone heard of boys being killed in the name of family honor? I personally have heard of such cases.

Here's a video that says that men can also be killed to preserve honor of the family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YV-FXFDr8M

No offence towards Islam, cos Islam outlaws honor killings if we are interested in the truth.
Reply 1
islam outlaws honour killings? what ****ing planet are you living on? they encourage it, its part of their culture
Reply 2
Original post by Ray Barone
islam outlaws honour killings? what ****ing planet are you living on? they encourage it, its part of their culture

See the video. An educated Islamist is talking about honor killings in their true nature.
Reply 3
There was quite a high profile case not long ago of a male honour killing victim, but I dont remember the exact details. I've seen quite a few of them in the news.

I suspect these murders are quite common in other countries but we dont hear much about them here.
Reply 4
Never heard of it. It's mostly the women.

Quite surprised by this.

http://www.stophonourkillings.com/?q=taxonomy/term/273
(edited 13 years ago)
:yep: i know of some. And a near miss in my own family :s-smilie:

It's got more to do with culture than Islam, though naturally the two are easily confused over time but in nowhere does Islam really condone it. Correct me if i'm wrong. :smile:
But the couple should never have married without permission

“The girl and the boy should be killed,” he said. “It’s about honor. Honor is more important for us than religion.”

Honour is apart from religion.
Reply 7
Original post by ipulledhermione
:yep: i know of some. And a near miss in my own family :s-smilie:

It's got more to do with culture than Islam, though naturally the two are easily confused over time but in nowhere does Islam really condone it. Correct me if i'm wrong. :smile:

Agreed. Its mostly ignorant Muslim people who support honour killing.

They know nothing about Islam. Paindu :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending