Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard of boys being killed in the name of family honor? I personally have heard of such cases.

Here's a video that says that men can also be killed to preserve honor of the family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YV-FXFDr8M

No offence towards Islam, cos Islam outlaws honor killings if we are interested in the truth.

ReputationRep:
    islam outlaws honour killings? what ****ing planet are you living on? they encourage it, its part of their culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray Barone)
    islam outlaws honour killings? what ****ing planet are you living on? they encourage it, its part of their culture
    See the video. An educated Islamist is talking about honor killings in their true nature.

ReputationRep:
    There was quite a high profile case not long ago of a male honour killing victim, but I dont remember the exact details. I've seen quite a few of them in the news.

I suspect these murders are quite common in other countries but we dont hear much about them here.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of it. It's mostly the women.

Quite surprised by this.

http://www.stophonourkillings.com/?q=taxonomy/term/273

ReputationRep:
    :yep: i know of some. And a near miss in my own family

It's got more to do with culture than Islam, though naturally the two are easily confused over time but in nowhere does Islam really condone it. Correct me if i'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    But the couple should never have married without permission

“The girl and the boy should be killed,” he said. “It’s about honor. Honor is more important for us than religion.”

Honour is apart from religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    :yep: i know of some. And a near miss in my own family

It's got more to do with culture than Islam, though naturally the two are easily confused over time but in nowhere does Islam really condone it. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Agreed. Its mostly ignorant Muslim people who support honour killing.

They know nothing about Islam. Paindu

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.