Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've never really been able to afford my own game console and because of that I haven't done much gaming, but now my housemates have a PS3. I would really like to start playing Fallout but would it be best to start from the beginning or will it not matter if I start playing from the latest game? Would really like your perspective on it. Thanks.

PS - Oh and yes, I did use the search function.

ReputationRep:
    Play Fallout 3 first :top:

Get the GOTY edition if you can for all the added content!

ReputationRep:
    Agree'd the first 2 are turn based heaps of old junk. Not because they are bad, just because you will be wanting to throw whatever it is your playing on out the window in the first 5 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Go for fallout 3 first definitely, and the GOTY edition is excellent. However make sure you complete it and get New Vegas too, it is awesome

ReputationRep:
    fallout and fallout 2 are overrated. just sometjhing trolls claim to love because bethesda ruin games. in all fairness, a few glitches and utter crashes and you might be sick of fallout 3/new vegas , but if you are porepared to tolerate that, you should enjoy em. new vegas can be played after fallout 3 but no reason not to play fo3 first, it's cheap, after all.

ReputationRep:
    I play Fallout vegas on xbox this weekend and it was the first fallout I'd played. Was pretty easy to get into so I wouldn't worry about skipping games.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the people saying Fallout 3. GOTY edition has all the amazing expensions as well and you can pick it up for about £20 and it'll be awesome...

Fallout NV is basically the same game in a different location but costs more atm and there's less stuff to do without expansions etc...

Also, if you love Fallout pick up an old copy of Oblivion GOTY. That's basically fallout 3 but set in what would be our medieval times but with monsters/magic etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I agree with the people saying Fallout 3. GOTY edition has all the amazing expensions as well and you can pick it up for about £20 and it'll be awesome...

Fallout NV is basically the same game in a different location but costs more atm and there's less stuff to do without expansions etc...

Also, if you love Fallout pick up an old copy of Oblivion GOTY. That's basically fallout 3 but set in what would be our medieval times but with monsters/magic etc...
    Agreed. Oblivion is my top game of all time, hands down awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Agreed. Oblivion is my top game of all time, hands down awesome!
    Seriously, play Morrowind if you haven't already! Trumps Oblivion on pretty much all fronts(even graphics with a few mods).

ReputationRep:
    F3 and NV are standalone, so it doesn't really matter where you start - although 3 is cheaper at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    From 2 on, they're pretty much self-contained, with the odd reference from the older games thrown in for good measure. In fact, the most sensible order is probably 1-2-NV-3, owing to the stronger continuity between 2 and NV.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.