Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I found out this weekend that I have an interview at Oxford for Geography next week..
    Basically want to know who else has interviews?
    Or possibly any interview questions anyone know of that could help me in any way?
    Thanks
    Leonie

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    I am also in the same boat as you! Do you have the same dates as me, i.e. Sunday 4pm we have sign in?

ReputationRep:
    I have to sign in by 2pm so pretty close where are you coming from? I have to get the train up so im aiming to get there for 1ish just in case trains are disrupted by the weather

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Herford College. They've asked me to go down on Saturday.

I literally have this to go off!
    "It is requested that you report to the College Lodge not later than 5pm on Saturday 4th December, to attend for Dinner in Hall at 6pm that evening. You will be required to stay until 5pm on Tuesday, and may be required until Wednesday. "

Still, that's part of the experience I suppose!
    Apparently we all have to do the pilot of the admissions test on Tuesday, but it doesn't count towards the decision of whether they offer us a place from 3-5pm on Tuesday.

Interview questions from research, seem to be largely based on reading articles. You really can't say though, I guess it purely depends on the interviewer. I'm just reading over my notes from the past two years and anything extra I'm interested in.

Anyone else being interviewed at Hertford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeblakey)
    I have an interview at Herford College. They've asked me to go down on Saturday.

I literally have this to go off!
    "It is requested that you report to the College Lodge not later than 5pm on Saturday 4th December, to attend for Dinner in Hall at 6pm that evening. You will be required to stay until 5pm on Tuesday, and may be required until Wednesday. "

Still, that's part of the experience I suppose!
    Apparently we all have to do the pilot of the admissions test on Tuesday, but it doesn't count towards the decision of whether they offer us a place from 3-5pm on Tuesday.

Interview questions from research, seem to be largely based on reading articles. You really can't say though, I guess it purely depends on the interviewer. I'm just reading over my notes from the past two years and anything extra I'm interested in.

Anyone else being interviewed at Hertford?
    Got an interview at Hertford too See you there!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a geography interview at Hertford too! I got the same email as you... so I don't even know when I'm going home! Very nervous :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at st catz, i dnt have to sign in until 9 on monday, but have to stay as long as you after that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowlo18)
    I have to sign in by 2pm so pretty close where are you coming from? I have to get the train up so im aiming to get there for 1ish just in case trains are disrupted by the weather
    I'm coming from London, going by coach because I'm cheap and because I've done the route before, so should be used to it! Also there's free Wifi on board, wahoo! I'm really excited meeting all the Geographers, its like a weekend break for me
    I've booked a 11:20 coach so I arrive there at around 1:30pm so have time to relax before our *FUN* one hour essay test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeblakey)
    x

(Original post by gst92)
    x

(Original post by Rowzee1)
    x
    Just saw this and wanted to say good luck to everybody - but especially you guys Had an interview there last year; rejected but it was a really fun few days

With regards to the 'when you go home' thing - if last year is anything to go by there'll be a LOT of geographers. Out of everyone that applied last year (they interviewed everybody...), only about 15 of us had to stay the extra two days. So chances are....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.