Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I shallow? Watch

• View Poll Results: Am I shallow?
    yes
    89.58%
    no
    10.42%

ReputationRep:
    Basically I can only talk to girls I find hot, and even then I flirt with them and don't have a normal chat with them like I would a guy, but I can not even talk to a girl I don't find attractive. I just can not do it. I think to myself she's not hot so what's the point in talking to her? What is she good for? It's not like I consciously choose to only speak to attractive girls (this includes girls not necessarily hot, but who I find cute/attractive in other ways) I just cannot physically talk to girls I find unattractive. I can talk to all guys fine but when it comes to girls, I can only chat to the attractive ones.

Give me your opinions on my attitudes to women and whether you think I am shallow or not

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess you're honest lol - but yup you are pretty shallow if you can't even have some girls as friends...

Sounds like you could have benefited from growing up with some older sisters :giggle:...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anoodles)
    Well I guess you're honest lol - but yup you are pretty shallow if you can't even have some girls as friends...

Sounds like you could have benefited from growing up with some older sisters :giggle:...
    Are girls really that good for anything if they're not attractive?

ReputationRep:
    what about funny girls? or smart girls? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Racist and shallow anything else you want to share?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartFool)
    Racist and shallow anything else you want to share?
    Pretty much this.

It's quite sad, OP. But hey, we all have our requirements...

ReputationRep:
    You are shallow

ReputationRep:
    Yes, very shallow indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    what about funny girls? or smart girls? :lolwut:
    I did say who I found attractive, not who I thought looked hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Basically I can only talk to girls I find hot, and even then I flirt with them and don't have a normal chat with them like I would a guy, but I can not even talk to a girl I don't find attractive. I just can not do it. I think to myself she's not hot so what's the point in talking to her? What is she good for? It's not like I consciously choose to only speak to attractive girls (this includes girls not necessarily hot, but who I find cute/attractive in other ways) I just cannot physically talk to girls I find unattractive. I can talk to all guys fine but when it comes to girls, I can only chat to the attractive ones.

Give me your opinions on my attitudes to women and whether you think I am shallow or not
    SO when a girl is attractive you try to pull? No you're not shallow. the word you're looking for is a douche bag.

and can we have pics of you to see how "good looking" you are to have such high standards. a womans purpose in life isnt to "Look good" so you can mentally masturbate to her.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, ridiculously shallow. But hey, your loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vBison)
    SO when a girl is attractive you try to pull? No you're not shallow. the word you're looking for is a douche bag.

and can we have pics of you to see how "good looking" you are to have such high standards. a womans purpose in life isnt to "Look good" so you can mentally masturbate to her.
    I said who I found attractive, not who I thought looked hot. And it doesn't matter about my looks, they really don't play any (much) part.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously at the moment, you ONLY view women as sex objects, hence if you do not find them attractive they are essentially of no worth to YOU.

Perhaps it's just extreme immaturity on your part and you will eventually grow out of such egocentric behaviours. Otherwise, you are going to struggle in life if not able to converse with ALL sorts of people.

ReputationRep:
    Haha dude you are shallow, but I think most men if they were being totally honest would say that as well. I do talk to girls I find to be unattractive but then obviously I will give more time and attention to a girl who I think is attractive (for obvious reasons).

It's a natural process.

ReputationRep:
    What a nice view of women you have. Maybe you should team up with good old Jimbo.

ReputationRep:
    Shallow and not very smart with girls.

Every guy knows there are benefits to having female friends even if you aren't attracted to them, especially those with 'very attractive' friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    I just can not do it. I think to myself she's not hot so what's the point in talking to her? What is she good for? It's not like I consciously choose to only speak to attractive girls (this includes girls not necessarily hot, but who I find cute/attractive in other ways) I just cannot physically talk to girls I find unattractive.
    Similar to how some girls are not born with the genetics such that they look Like Nuts models, it seems you were not born with the genetics of having an even vaguely sound view of women. Enjoy your life of being used by girls who know they can overpower you using nothing but their tits.

ReputationRep:
    Hai :troll2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vBison)

If only I hadn't run out of rep!

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell if you're a troll or just really honest about what a douchebag you are.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.