The Student Room Group

Italian qualifications and modules, Help?

Hi, I need some help from someone who already applied, preferably Italian.
I'm in my fifth year at a Liceo Scientifico, and I'm struggling to add my Education infos in my application.
I already put my "Diploma di Esame di Stato" qualification, but I'm not sure about... pretty much everything else.

Is the diploma a "below honours degree level qualification"?
Should I put just the name of my school?
The date of start/end goes from my first year (11/2006) up to the end of my fifth year (06/2011)?
In "modules" do I need to add all the subjects I studied in the last year, or in all five years? Do I up my last year's grades, a predicted grade or I just leave them blank till the end of this year?

Please help me and tell me what you know :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by GerlandoSavio
Hi, I need some help from someone who already applied, preferably Italian.
I'm in my fifth year at a Liceo Scientifico, and I'm struggling to add my Education infos in my application.
I already put my "Diploma di Esame di Stato" qualification, but I'm not sure about... pretty much everything else.

Is the diploma a "below honours degree level qualification"? No, because that will be for university level study that isn't a full degree. There should be an option for qualifications achieved at school or a college as pre-requisites for university entry.
Should I put just the name of my school? Yes
The date of start/end goes from my first year (11/2006) up to the end of my fifth year (06/2011)? Yes
In "modules" do I need to add all the subjects I studied in the last year, or in all five years? Do I up my last year's grades, a predicted grade or I just leave them blank till the end of this year? You put in the subjects you are studying for the Diploma, and the grades as pending.

Please help me and tell me what you know :smile:
Your referee should comment on the grades you achieved last year in preparation for this final year of the diploma, and also the grades you are predicted to achieve in your final exams.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you! =) I'm surprisingly relieved by your answer.
However, the grade should be in a italian scale (from 2 to 10) or should I somehow "convert" them to the UK school standards?

AND, would it be of any help to put a school I attended as an exchange student in USA last year in the list of schools, and maybe talk about it in my personal statement or even ask my reference to talk about it?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you! =) I'm surprisingly relieved by your answer.
However, the grade should be in a italian scale (from 2 to 10) or should I somehow "convert" them to the UK school standards? No, the grade/s should be entered as they were awarded. The unis here will know how to translate them - but if you aren't sure of that, ask your referee to give some idea of their equivalence to UK grades (or IB, if that's easier) in your reference.

AND, would it be of any help to put a school I attended as an exchange student in USA last year in the list of schools, and maybe talk about it in my personal statement or even ask my reference to talk about it?
You should certainly mention the exchange trip to the USA in your PS, and if you were there for a full academic year also enter it in the Education section. If it was only for a few weeks, just keep it in your PS.
Reply 4
Yes it was for a whole year. Thank you very much Minerva, you're truly a goddess of wisdom and learning :wink:
Reply 5
Yes it was for a whole year. Thank you very much Minerva, you're truly a goddess of wisdom and learning :wink:
Too kind... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending