Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why do lots of guys who are teenagers get irate if you make bad comments to them? is it ego? Or the fact that somebody "disrespected" them? Why should anybody automatically command respect?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone likes bad comments about them regardless of their age or gender

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. But this doesn't mean one must react to it.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    No-one likes looking bad in front of their friends .. Therefore, they act like idiots "hard" to try and not lose the street cred "respect" of their fellow "peers". :gangster:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    No-one likes looking bad in front of their friends
    so?

ReputationRep:
    FFS NO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    so?
    So we let it be heard that the oppressors are '****ers' '*****' and they will face the wrath of us if they continue with their bullying.

ReputationRep:
    There are very few people nowadays who are willing to take a joke.

Self deprecating humour is a dying art unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    So we let it be heard that the oppressors are '****ers' '*****' and they will face the wrath of us if they continue with their bullying.
    How is somebody being unkind oppression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    How is somebody being unkind oppression?
    It's oppressing our right to not have our confidence taken away from us, it's oppressing our right to not have to question ourselves, because of an insult or jibe thrown our way.

ReputationRep:
    are you disrespecting me bruv??? not ma probs i got all theze ragin' 'ormones is it nah?

on a serious note: i think you're generalising a little too much, normally if someone insults me i just stand looking sad/awkward/confused for a moment, nod and then walk away.

ReputationRep:
    It is called human nature to be above others (mostly when it it men), whether it is decided with no violence (i.e. one shying away to not walk near the other, not retaliate when they have abuse shouted at them) or if they have to show it by being 'stronger' than the other (i.e. people provoking passers by into a fight)

It's the way of the jungle

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.