The Official Boris Johnson MP Fan Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Boris Johnson has to be the coolest politician around at the moment. His manner seems so delightfully upper-class and inbred that he makes a mockery of the Tories by even being their Vice-Chairman. But I love the way he is so easily confused by people with slightly coarser accents than his - e.g. Paul Merton etc.

He epitomises the gentleman class and he is a testimony to serials like the Private Eye who always mock politicians for behaving the way he does - he is just like the parodies in the likes of Spitting Image and Private Eye - it is gr8 to see comedy come to life in everyday politics although Boris Johnson makes the Tories even funnier when he speaks

Kurdt Morello
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Boris Johnson has to be the coolest politician around at the moment. His manner seems so delightfully upper-class and inbred that he almost makes a mockery of the Tories by even being their Vice-Chairman. But I love the way he is so easily confused by people with slightly coarser accents than his - e.g. Paul Merton etc.

He epitomises the gentleman class and he is a testimony to serials like the Private Eye who always mock politicians for behaving the way he does - he is just like the parodies in the likes of Spitting Image and Private Eye - it is gr8 to see comedy come to life in everyday politics although Boris Johnson makes the Tories even funnier when he speaks

Kurdt Morello
Where is Lord Huntroyde when you need him?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love him too! He is so stupid (although LH will argue with me otherwise :rolleyes: ). I would laugh a lot if he became very high up in the conservative party! And his performance on HIGNFY was one of the best I'vs seen!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Where is Lord Huntroyde when you need him?
Lol yeah, I'd say Boris Johnson looks cool but he's conservative and that's bad.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
BORIS FOR PM! :rolleyes:
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He is a twit.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by happysunshine)
I love him too! He is so stupid (although LH will argue with me otherwise :rolleyes: ). I would laugh a lot if he became very high up in the conservative party! And his performance on HIGNFY was one of the best I'vs seen!
he is so pompous that he becomes incoherent like the old 'very very drunk' lord in the Fast Show. Boris is the man and he sort of reminds me of Lord Huntryde and El Borish (or should i say the other way round)
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Lol yeah, I'd say Boris Johnson looks cool but he's conservative and that's bad.
that is the big stumbling block - i saw him on Channel 4 news recently discussing tuition fees i think - he was actually surprisingly good on the issues - he didnt stumble over his words as much either - so he is capable of maintaining coherent arguments
fit
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Boris Johnson has to be the coolest politician around at the moment. His manner seems so delightfully upper-class and inbred that he makes a mockery of the Tories by even being their Vice-Chairman. But I love the way he is so easily confused by people with slightly coarser accents than his - e.g. Paul Merton etc.

Kurdt Morello
Go to teemarto.com, you can buy Boris T-shirts!
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he is so pompous that he becomes incoherent like the old 'very very drunk' lord in the Fast Show. Boris is the man and he sort of reminds me of Lord Huntryde and El Borish (or should i say the other way round)
LOL probably why LH likes him so much. He is so dumb, it says a lot about Oxford :rolleyes: He is only 39, which I was very suprised at!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by fit)
Go to www.teemarto.com, you can buy Boris T-shirts!
cool - i support the man but not his party
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
LOL probably why LH likes him so much. He is so dumb, it says a lot about Oxford :rolleyes: He is only 39, which I was very suprised at!
only 39 - he acts older but probably looks younger - my god he has been behaving like an old fart since he was young!!! Well Oxford will accept anyone who speaks like that and studied at either Eton or Harrow
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
cool - i support the man but not his party
Politicians actually sell t shirts over there?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Politicians actually sell t shirts over there?
Only the ones like Boris....he is a star
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
only 39 - he acts older but probably looks younger - my god he has been behaving like an old fart since he was young!!! Well Oxford will accept anyone who speaks like that and studied at either Eton or Harrow
looks younger? do you reckon? i would say he looks and acts older. he's just soo ace
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
i remember Ian and Paul taking the mick out of his history degree on HIGNFY and him nodding vigorously in agreement and becoming more incoherent in his replies
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He went to Eton, so I suppose that explains a lot! I would vote conservatives if he would be PM (oooh shouldn't say that after all I've said about 16 year olds having the vote :rolleyes: :-p)!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tinykates)
looks younger? do you reckon? i would say he looks and acts older. he's just soo ace
Private Eye did a comic strip - Boris the Menace & Taki
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i remember Ian and Paul taking the mick out of his history degree on HIGNFY and him nodding vigorously in agreement and becoming more incoherent in his replies
I've only seen the clips from the episodes with him on HIGNFY but I did see the recent one and paul is usually acting quite mardy but when Borris was on there, he didn't act mardy at all! I thought Borris did a degree in philosophy?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
He went to Eton, so I suppose that explains a lot! I would vote conservatives if he would be PM (oooh shouldn't say that after all I've said about 16 year olds having the vote :rolleyes: :-p)!
what have u said about 16 year olds having the vote? LOL - he would make a good PM for a day - comic value - but then so would the monster raving looney party
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
40%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
20%
No- I want it (2)
40%
No- I don't want it (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest