Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello well my teacher sent us an assignment of making a presentation on the bullet points she gave us in groups of 5 and well, my bullet point has the following question:
    "How Do Interest Rates Influence In Some Countries International Competitiveness"

4-5 Of Following Countries Must Be In The Presentation:
    -canada
    -england
    -japan
    -european central bank
    -US
    -australia
    -china
    -india

My problem is no matter how much I've searched i don't seem to find anything relevant, I find lot's of links with "How Do Exchange Rates Influence International Competitiveness, but nothing else

Would anybody share their thoughts so I could present them or giving me links where I can get some notes from please

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Say like US, Canada, Australia, European Central Bank, and India are doing business together in the world economy. Amonst all India is likey to be the poor nation because of its vast population, but that doesn't mean India's power in the business market is weak or something. US and India both can specialize in producing say 'X' and Canada is a major importer of X. Now India needs to borrow some money to produce 10 million X. But US doesn't need any loan. Now Canada buys 1 unit of X for $5 from both India and US. Suddenly the ECB decides to increase their interest rate, therefore causing India to payback a higher amount than predicted before, therefore would result a rise in cost of producing X. Canada on the other hand would seek to get the lowest price on market, if due to a rise in interest rate India decides to increase their price then they will ultimately be kicked from the market by its competitor producing the same amount of X but at a lower price. Ops I miss Australia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makubex)
    Say like US, Canada, Australia, European Central Bank, and India are doing business together in the world economy. Amonst all India is likey to be the poor nation because of its vast population, but that doesn't mean India's power in the business market is weak or something. US and India both can specialize in producing say 'X' and Canada is a major importer of X. Now India needs to borrow some money to produce 10 million X. But US doesn't need any loan. Now Canada buys 1 unit of X for $5 from both India and US. Suddenly the ECB decides to increase their interest rate, therefore causing India to payback a higher amount than predicted before, therefore would result a rise in cost of producing X. Canada on the other hand would seek to get the lowest price on market, if due to a rise in interest rate India decides to increase their price then they will ultimately be kicked from the market by its competitor producing the same amount of X but at a lower price. Ops I miss Australia.
    Thanks man and don't worry about Australia lol I reckon i can apply it now
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Inject some of your own ideas and fix the english, I'm sure your marks will increase. Adios !

ReputationRep:
    Are you wanting help on presentation technique or the content of the presentation? Or both?

ReputationRep:
    Low interest rate -> devaluation of the currency as traders are disincentivised

Low interest rate -> incentives foriegn investment as capital is cheaper

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.