Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Its been 5 days, 3 acknowledgements, 0 conditionals? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is this unusual as I was for swift conditionals from at least 1 of my choices, especially the lower ones.
    How long is the norm for getting any conditionals?

ReputationRep:
    Just be patient.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not unusual. Getting 3 offers within 5 days of sending off your UCAS would be unusual! There is no norm for getting offers, some universities give out offers from September, others wait until the Jan 15th deadline then start sorting through applications and giving them out.

ReputationRep:
    Thats no time at all! People go for months without getting any conditionals (although it does depend where and what you're applying for).

ReputationRep:
    Totally normal.

Acknowledgements next to nothing, and are sent out normally very quickly upon recieveing your application, that's if the universities choose to send them at all! I had my 5 acknowledgements all within a week, it really doesn't mean much.

As for offers, you'd be pretty lucky to get an offer within just 5 days. Many people go weeks, even months without offers. It all depends on how the universities deal with them, many choose to leave 95% of applications until the 15th of January deadline before making offers (the date where you are gaureented equal consideration), so don't worry..even if you are way over the asking grades for some universties, just give it a few weeks Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Chill, seriously.

My UCAS got sent off almost two weeks ago, and all I've got is one acknowledgement.

Just relax, put the kettle on, and wait for the offers to start rolling in.

ReputationRep:
    You've got a long time to wait yet, 5 days is no time at all. It's not at all unusual, so be patient and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thats normal. Yes I know you want the offers but give it time. It's really annoying and you find yourself checking track all the time. But some will wait, some will take longer and some will have more applications meaning that it takes longer. Try to relax.

ReputationRep:
    So sorry man, seems like they don't want you. Looks like it's ASDA shelf stacking from now on.

There's one of these every 30 mins, stop worrying.

ReputationRep:
    took me a week for my first offer to arrive
    now ive got all five after 16 days..
    just be patient

ReputationRep:
    This happens every year. Yes you want them to appear, no checking TRACK every five minutes daily wont make them appear faster. They will arrive one way or the other, patience is a virtue.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.