Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i am hideous without makeup Watch

basicallly i am hideous without EYE makeup, like black eyeliner. i use liquid liner for best effect. i like foundation blusher etc but without my eye makeup i am stil hideous..
    in school i wore no makeup because i didnt know how to apply it and was treated like im ugly. i had to wear glasses which made me 10 times more ugly. my self-esteem was so low, i was paranoid the boys would call me ugly as they sometimes did....
    now i got contacts and wear alot of eye makeup and people call me fit and hot. but wheni see myself without the makeup, i am so ugly that i wouldnt let anyone apart from family see me without it.
    it is mostly my eyes, without makeup they look horrible, with makeup they look nice.
    im not a girly girl and dont go for that mask look or a girly look, i dont like having to wear blackeyeliner but i am so ugly without it

i was wondering if any of you have like seen your friends once without makeup for the first time and been surprised or anything like that.....

It's normal

I'm exactly the same like you if it helps when you look at celebs without all that make up on they just look as ugly as us.

I don't even think girls are ugly without make up I think it's the pressure the media puts on females to use it with the constant adverts and make up used on TV/film and males think girls who look like that are born that way and are "naturally pretty":rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
      Perhaps you're being paranoid.Give us a pic.C.mon.

ReputationRep:
      Does it matter? I am sure you are beautiful on the inside.

ReputationRep:
      Most girls are different looking without makeup

ReputationRep:
      Aren't we all darling? I look like complete s*** without make up. However, I'm not so compulsive about the eyeliner that I won't let people see me with it. Try and compromise? Paint your face all you want outside the house, but leave some wet wipes by the front door so when you come home you and relax and bring your guard down. x

ReputationRep:
      I hate how society thinks if you don't wear make up, you're either so ugly, or such a geek. It's true that make up enhances your look, but there isn't a rule where you have to wear make up.

I do wear it, and I've learnt to be comfortable without it as well. I used to apply a load of make up on my face, and I look back and think 'fooool'; I guess it was because I felt self concious and was so used to it being on, that I couldn't bear having no make up on.

ReputationRep:
      Join the club. Although I can't say that even with me make up on I've ever been called 'pretty'. I'm just hoping I'm a case of 'the ugly duckling'.

ReputationRep:
      I'm sure makeup only adds to your beauty. Before, when you got bullied for being "ugly" maybe you were at that awkward pre-puberty stage with chubby cheeks, spots and greasy hair. You probably blossomed into a beautiful young lady at the same time you started wearing makeup. Now you think it's the makeup that's made you pretty but it's probably not...
      Anyways most girls look better with makeup so don't stress too much about it..

ReputationRep:
      If a girl is ugly no amount of makeup is going to change that.

Girls how can we convince you. My girlfriend won't even go on webcam to me without it. She even wears it to bed reapplying it in the evening if it wears off (this isn't for me she does it if shes alone in her room).

It's rediculous.

ReputationRep:
      I used to think the same, I just gradually wore less and less black eyeliner I only wear black eyeliner on my water line now As Ilovemykitten said, eyebrows make a MASSIVE difference. I used to have overplucked eyebrows when I was younger, but growing them out made a massive difference!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by insoms)
      She even wears it to bed reapplying it in the evening if it wears off (this isn't for me she does it if shes alone in her room).

It's rediculous.
      Now that is extreme. It's quite upsetting that she relies on it so much :/

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MoanyLisa)
      I didn't think I was ugly without make-up until I started wearing make-up.
      I think it's normal to feel this way. It's a shame really because it's likely to not be true.
      innit - it's a vicious cycle, man. Try to cut down, as suggested above, until you don't need it any more. The more you get used to completely painting a new face on, the stranger your real face will look and the more you'll "need" your makeup.

ReputationRep:
      Don't wear it

well my face doesn't agree with it....react to nearlly everything...even boots naturals

ReputationRep:
      It's amazing how much make up can change someone. Hey, I think this video proves my point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpwAtnywTk

At the end she looked like most of the girls I used to hang out with. The point in make up I thought was to enhance your features rather than make yourself look like someone you're not. I'm sure you're not hideous, and if anything far from it (Who is hideous?), but there are going to be times when you will be seen without make up, and you're going to have to be comfortable with that.

By the way, the lady is fine from the start, although this is only a parody haha, don't take it seriously.

ReputationRep:
      The society we live in means that feeling like this is "normal". So, there must be nothing to worry about then. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      Oh heck this is really worrying. Listen, you DO NOT look ugly without make-up on. You look normal. We have all got to try really hard to get ourselves out of the mindset that we are unfit to be seen in society without 6inches of expensive chemicals on our faces. It's an impressive example of the evil powers of advertiseing. How have we managed to convince ourselves that we look freakish WITHOUT product? Not good at all.
      OP, you are not ugly. You are the victim of advertising.

ReputationRep:
      Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. You don't look ugly without make-up. And glasses don't make you look more ugly.

I use little make-up, so the difference isn't big. It's just meant to freshen you up a little.

(Original post by Threepigs)
      Most girls are different looking without makeup
      Dude I've got this new gf (on a trial basis) and when i first saw her i thought she was good looking. But without make-up I can't kiss her on touch her or anything. What do you suggest because I feel kinda cheated on. This is my first gf and I didn't realise how much better make-up made you. I'm not trolling here seriously. She looks so different it's unreal. With make-up she looks above average(and I'm guessing all girls wear make-up) but without it she doesn't even meet Mrs Average. Seriously what do I tell her?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by insoms)
      If a girl is ugly no amount of makeup is going to change that.
      Girls how can we convince you. My girlfriend won't even go on webcam to me without it. She even wears it to bed reapplying it in the evening if it wears off (this isn't for me she does it if shes alone in her room).

It's rediculous.
      This isn't true, you'd be surprised at what make-up can do.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.