Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I have to include BTEC National Diploma on UCAS application Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in my second year studying BTEC National Diploma in Business.Do I have to include the first year results on the education section or does my tutor do that? we did 9 modules last year.

I got this message "Warning: you are currently in education but have not entered any qualifications yet to be completed"

Which one is it?

BTEC National Certificate (2003 onwards)
    BTEC National Certificate (last award 2004)

ReputationRep:
    Neither if its a diploma, certificate is a different qualification...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah124)
    I am currently in my second year studying BTEC National Diploma in Business.Do I have to include the first year results on the education section or does my tutor do that? we did 9 modules last year.

I got this message "Warning: you are currently in education but have not entered any qualifications yet to be completed"

Which one is it?

BTEC National Certificate (2003 onwards)
    BTEC National Certificate (last award 2004)
    This one as I presume you started it after 2003 But, your title says it is a National Diploma, not Certificate?

ReputationRep:
    You put that you're in the first year of BTEC National Diploma

ReputationRep:
    I included the results from all of my modules for the BTEC National Diploma, but the Certificate is a completely different qualification - so I'm not entirely sure which section you'd have to check. Why not ask your tutor what you should be doing? They'll probably have a better idea of what you should do next. That said, I'd assume the first option is correct (2003 - onwards).

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between Certificate and Diploma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makubex)
    What is the difference between Certificate and Diploma
    Certificate is equivalent to 2 A Levels, the Diploma is equivalent to 3!

ReputationRep:
    You have to put your unit grades in for everything you've done so far - i.e, all nine modules from last year. The other nine you need to set as pending.

So you'll end up with:

Unit 1 - Grade here
    Unit 2 - Grade here
    Unit 3 - Grade here
    Unit 4 - Grade here
    Unit 5 - Grade here
    Unit 6 - Grade here
    Unit 7 - Grade here
    Unit 8 - Grade here
    Unit 9 - Grade here
    Unit 10 - Pending
    Unit 11 - Pending
    Unit 12 - Pending
    Unit 13 - Pending
    Unit 14 - Pending
    Unit 15 - Pending
    Unit 16 - Pending
    Unit 17 - Pending
    Unit 18 - Pending

Or something similar, depending on which order you've done module in. Ask your tutor which course to put down, they should know.

I'm pretty sure this is accurate - I'm in my second year of the OCR Extended Diploma and this is how we were told to input our information. The BTEC and OCR Diploma are very similar in structure so I would assume you need to do the same thing. If I were you though I'd check with your tutor before clicking send

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.