Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I don't know which of the two to get because I'd like to get the latest one seeing as I'm going to have it for a long time, so I'm thinking of getting the HD, but I'm kind of put off by how huge it is. Is there that much difference between the Desire and the Desire HD? Is the HD that much better?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    The HD is a better phone no doubt but you should really only ask yourself this one questions.

Do I want/need a big screen?

If the answer is no then maybe the regular desire is perfect.

If you don't have the Desire yet,, definitely opt for the DHD.

its great, and after a week of using it you wonder why other phones aren't as large.

powerful, battery is great, and can now be Permrooted (if needed)

D - optimal (for me) screen size, but not the best battery capacity, old model.
    DHD - big excelent screen, but if you have little hands, operate with one hand it will be difficult (And you can look at the Desire Z with qwerty keyboard). And there is support for htc sence Services (https://www.htcsense.com/) in contrast Desire.

You can double the DHD's battery life by applying a simple fix. That was the main problemwith the phone. I think you should try it, it won't be comfortably pocketable for everyone. The desire is cheaper though and still excellent. 3.7" is perfect imo. I suspect the new iPhone will be that size.

If you have the money.. then go for the HD.. but it's SO expensive.
    I have the regular Desire and I love it.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.