Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

not eaten for 5 days Watch

Hi, i've started to worry myself as I've not eaten for 5 days. My appetite has completely gone so since tuesday all i've had is small forced bowl of soup and 2 slices of brown toast so as not to worry others too much. Saying that, when i had eaten them, i got massive stomach pains & basically, as disgusting as it sounds, it just went straight through me.
    Usually i'm not a massive eater but can easily eat two meals a day and enjoy them. I'm a bit scared to go to the doctor in case they think i'm being ridiculous, I mean i've had blood tests for pretty much everything in the past due a problem with my pupils but they came back clear. How much can change really? :/

ReputationRep:
    are you anorexic?

ReputationRep:
    i recommend staying on TSR. Whatever you do, don't move or tell a doctor

ReputationRep:
    Don't be scared about going to doctors. 5 days without food is too long.

ReputationRep:
    u mad OP?

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the sarcasm above ^^ and go to a doctor! They can't just ignore you

Also try to go back to your old eating habits, even if it is painful at first.

i'm not anorexic ¬_¬ which is the weird thing. i don't know how i've not collapsed to be honest. but thanks for the support...

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should eat something you usually enjoy?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try taking small sips of liquids that have a high calorie content? Milk/milkshakes or Lucozade? Then get yourself to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    I was the same...
    But I went to the doctors and got it sorted.

:doctor:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, i've started to worry myself as I've not eaten for 5 days. My appetite has completely gone so since tuesday all i've had is small forced bowl of soup and 2 slices of brown toast so as not to worry others too much. Saying that, when i had eaten them, i got massive stomach pains & basically, as disgusting as it sounds, it just went straight through me.
    Usually i'm not a massive eater but can easily eat two meals a day and enjoy them. I'm a bit scared to go to the doctor in case they think i'm being ridiculous, I mean i've had blood tests for pretty much everything in the past due a problem with my pupils but they came back clear. How much can change really? :/
    can i ask if your a guy/girl and how much weight have u lost since then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a bit scared to go to the doctor in case they think i'm being ridiculous, I mean i've had blood tests for pretty much everything in the past due a problem with my pupils but they came back clear. How much can change really? :/
    don't let that stop you from going.. after all it is better to be safe than sorry right? RIGHT!

(Original post by chemical_bex)
    I was the same...
    But I went to the doctors and got it sorted.

:doctor:

my god there's a smiley for EVERYTHING!

:wings:

ReputationRep:
    If you're fat then this could be a blessing.

ReputationRep:
    I've had that before, then one day I just fancied food again and went back to eating normally. I also don't tend to eat anything for the first two days of my period because it hurts so much that I throw it straight back up.
    However, if you've never had anything like this before, I'd go to the doctor

ReputationRep:
    OP is clearly not anorexic morons.

Force feed yourself something you like, failing that, see a doc.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely see a doctor. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you sleep walk into the kitchen at night and binge out on all your food? Or maybe you go down to the kebab house and get a couple of pizzas every night :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    once you got through "border" of not eating for x days. You will feel very tired, light headed. And it would be pretty sick to look at food. I am not sure why. But if you don't eat for long enough ...it just happens.

If you to start eating. Try not to eat a lot. It will just make it worse. Do it in stages.

ReputationRep:
    You could be on a natural fast.

You're immune system could be suppressing your appetite in order to detox your body.

I suggest if this continues longer than 12 days to see a doctor straight away.

Until then try and drink at least two high carb drinks a day to provide your body with nutrients and energy.

Your appetite may then come back as your body detox's itself.

Hope you're okay. If after 10-12 days you do not feel any better then see a doctor immediately as you may have an underlying health problem.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest going to the Dcotors as you may be just ill or have an infection. I lost my appetite for as long as you did once and it turned out that I was ill!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.