The Student Room Group

US government jams wikileaks after secret document release

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erebos
:biggrin: I liked that.
Like it all you want. For the most part it's wrong.
Original post by adam0311
Agreed.

Bring on the negs.

I too, agree.
And I hate the yankies more than the next al-Qa'ida terrorist
Reply 22
Original post by saleri
the US authorities are afraid of being held to account.

Looks like somebody's got the American government by the balls... Good on him, it's about time the truth was known about Iraq and Afghanistan.
Reply 23
Original post by jimbobur
Looks like somebody's got the American government by the balls... Good on him, it's about time the truth was known about Iraq and Afghanistan.

Stop with the left wing banter. The truth has been known for years.
It seems like its a bloke called th3j35t3r on twitter, not the US government...
Original post by CombineHarvester
The number is much higher if you include terrorists or other criteria. Ranges from 600,000 to just over 1m depending on your criteria or source since the invasion began in 2003. I'd imagine the 66,000 are only the official recorded number of civilian deaths killed directly by the US army.

lol 600,000 is not the bottom of the range in estimates of deaths since 2003 in Iraq.
It's not surprising tbh...
Original post by Mr_K_Dilkington

Original post by Mr_K_Dilkington
lol 600,000 is not the bottom of the range in estimates of deaths since 2003 in Iraq.

Yes it is if your criteria is the number of excess deaths caused as a result of the invasion, i.e. wouldn't have happened otherwise. Also note that the figure of 100,000 which is often quoted is the official recorded number - many are not officially recorded as many bodies are destroyed and never recovered properly or identified.

The Lancet survey published in 2006 stated the number was 654,965 and that was more than four years ago.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/10/AR2006101001442.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/us-media-ignores-estimate_b_60396.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6040054.stm

Higher estimates from 2007 state 1.3m (carried out by ORB).
Reply 28
This is what I got so far from rumours about the wikileaks:

Arabic Nations demand US attack in Iran

US Diplomats told to spy on the UN

North Korea giving weapons to Iran

Only a matter of time until Iran gets a nuke

Obama couldn't care less for Europe

US Officials insult the German Diplomat by saying "he is thick as sh:smile:t

Qatar is willing to fund US on invasion in Iran

USA fuming when David Cameron became PM

US congressmen call for wikileaks to be listed as a terrorist group

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2010/nov/28/us-embassy-cables-wikileaks

Here is some of the leaks The Guardian has.
Original post by ussumane
This is what I got so far from rumours about the wikileaks:

Arabic Nations demand US attack in Iran

US Diplomats told to spy on the UN

North Korea giving weapons to Iran

Only a matter of time until Iran gets a nuke

Obama couldn't care less for Europe

US Officials insult the German Diplomat by saying "he is thick as sh:smile:t

Qatar is willing to fund US on invasion in Iran

USA fuming when David Cameron became PM

US congressmen call for wikileaks to be listed as a terrorist group

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2010/nov/28/us-embassy-cables-wikileaks

Here is some of the leaks The Guardian has.

Some of that is very significant, especially the stuff about Iran. I do believe that this could have a significant impact.
Reply 30
Original post by sandys1000
Some of that is very significant, especially the stuff about Iran. I do believe that this could have a significant impact.

Oh yes, North Korea giving weapons to Iran? Qatar willing to fund US to invade Iran? I was pretty surprised when I saw this.

Still waiting for other documents related to UK and Europe to be leaked thought.
Reply 31
Original post by ussumane
Oh yes, North Korea giving weapons to Iran? Qatar willing to fund US to invade Iran? I was pretty surprised when I saw this.

Still waiting for other documents related to UK and Europe to be leaked thought.

Same I keep hearing claims about Cameron and Brown but I cannot find the actual leak.
Original post by Aj12
Same I keep hearing claims about Cameron and Brown but I cannot find the actual leak.

Are they being released in stages?
Reply 33
Original post by sandys1000
Are they being released in stages?

Think so but im not sure
Original post by Aj12
Think so but im not sure

There's always this thick Brit defending the Americans (even though most Americans themselves are/were against the war) in this case its Aj12.

First of all, who claims that the terrorists are the ones that have killed the biggest numbers? The Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Personally, I believe you, especially if you read about all these bombings etc.

but

where were these suicide bombings, kidnappings, beheadings before the 2003 invasion? Where were all these Arab 'terrorists'?

By invading Iraq, topling the goverment and the even worse disbanding the police & military they enabled all of these people (Al-Qaeda, Shia militias from iran) to use Iraq as a breeding ground to spread their ideas, and operations.

Lets just compare it to the UK, we've got Muslims, Christians, Athiests, Nazis, Al-Qaeda supporters, pedophiles and all the messes up **** you can think of right? Yet, the country is stable? How come? Let me tell you that if, lets say, Russia would invade England and disband the military and police the exact same **** would happen here, i.e. chavs kidnapping people for money, EDL bombing mosques, Jihadis beheading people and burning churches etc. The only thing that keeps these monsters 'inside' is order, take that away and you've got Iraq 2010,
Reply 35
Original post by Aj12

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/

This is the link, but it keeps getting attacked by who knows who. Try reload every 5-10 minutes.

Remember, even if you are able to access the website, only 260 documents have been leaked out of 250,000, so it might take days until the actual Cameron/Gordon Brown documents is revealed.
Reply 36
Original post by SomaliMan
There's always this thick Brit defending the Americans (even though most Americans themselves are/were against the war) in this case its Aj12.

First of all, who claims that the terrorists are the ones that have killed the biggest numbers? The Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Personally, I believe you, especially if you read about all these bombings etc.

but

where were these suicide bombings, kidnappings, beheadings before the 2003 invasion? Where were all these Arab 'terrorists'?

By invading Iraq, topling the goverment and the even worse disbanding the police & military they enabled all of these people (Al-Qaeda, Shia militias from iran) to use Iraq as a breeding ground to spread their ideas, and operations.

Lets just compare it to the UK, we've got Muslims, Christians, Athiests, Nazis, Al-Qaeda supporters, pedophiles and all the messes up **** you can think of right? Yet, the country is stable? How come? Let me tell you that if, lets say, Russia would invade England and disband the military and police the exact same **** would happen here, i.e. chavs kidnapping people for money, EDL bombing mosques, Jihadis beheading people and burning churches etc. The only thing that keeps these monsters 'inside' is order, take that away and you've got Iraq 2010,

:facepalm2:

None of your annoying ranting changes the fact that many civilians were not killed by American troops but by other Muslims. Follow the conflict and for the last year or 2 you start to see that less and less attacks are targeted at American troops but at other Muslims and in some cases Christians.

Read books on the conflict from people who are out in the Iraq and the same pattern immemrges.

Now go do some research and then come back rather than resulting to childish posts like the above that lack any facts substance or even basic maturity
Like we didn't have enough reasons to be anti-American before?
Original post by Aj12
:facepalm2:

None of your annoying ranting changes the fact that many civilians were not killed by American troops but by other Muslims. Follow the conflict and for the last year or 2 you start to see that less and less attacks are targeted at American troops but at other Muslims and in some cases Christians.

Read books on the conflict from people who are out in the Iraq and the same pattern immemrges.

Now go do some research and then come back rather than resulting to childish posts like the above that lack any facts substance or even basic maturity

You're a joooooooke, you didn't even read my post as it clearly said I agreed with you on that point (that most of the killed were not done by Americans). Just read it again, stop being the USA's B****
Original post by Aj12
Most are killed by terrorists

That the US allowed to proliferate in Iraq with their invasion and the stateless state they created.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending