The Student Room Group

PLEASE?!! reckon i will be able to get into Harvard Law

im an english student in nottingham studying law have good extra circulars, etc and im aiming/on track to get a 1st which is basically a 4.0 thing is nottingham trent isn't one of the best universities in england. i was wondering with a good lsat score lets say 175, is it possible for me get into harvard/yale?

thanks guys.

I'm willing to do anything to get into a school like harvard/ yale :smile:

Thanks guys!

Scroll to see replies

Doubtful.
Reply 2
So you are hoping to get a 1st in Law from Nottingham to study Law at Harvard. :lolwut:

Confused.
Reply 3
you a troll?
Reply 4
Try talking to your student advisor.
Original post by Omg!Rly?
So you are hoping to get a 1st in Law from Nottingham to study Law at Harvard. :lolwut:

Confused.

If I can recall, Law at Harvard is a postgraduate course.
Reply 6
Original post by Omg!Rly?

Confused.

I think he means a 1st in English from Nottingham to study Law at Harvard..
Reply 7
If you write this poorly I wonder how you ever expect to do Law anywhere
Reply 8
Original post by trimmy
im an english student in nottingham studying law have good extra circulars, etc and im aiming/on track to get a 1st which is basically a 4.0 thing is nottingham trent isn't one of the best universities in england. i was wondering with a good lsat score lets say 175, is it possible for me get into harvard/yale?

thanks guys.

Thanks guys!

Well the difficulty is going to come from the fact that there are Oxbridge, Durham, LSE, UCL, etc. grads that will be applying with firsts. Not many, but enough to make the competition fierce. If you can pull off a 175, then you've got a shot at a T14. But a 175 is hard as hell to get. Have you looked at the LSAT? The LNAT is a coloring book in comparison.
Reply 9
Original post by Margaret Thatcher
If I can recall, Law at Harvard is a postgraduate course.

Yes, law is a postgrad course at all US unis.
Nottingham or Nottingham Trent? uni reputation means little, but if you can't get in a decent undergraduate course you're probably not just good enough for harvard :dontknow: it doesn't completely rule you out.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by asdfg0987
And many of the replies here will probably be from people who have no clue about how their admission process works so take them with a grain of salt.

You don't have to be a Harvard admissions tutor to know that this course at Harvard is extremely competitive on all levels.
Original post by trimmy

thanks guys.

Thanks guys!

yeah there is a chance..you need to write a good ps!
Original post by Margaret Thatcher
You don't have to be a Harvard admissions tutor to know that this course at Harvard is extremely competitive on all levels.

Umm yah, but quite sure they have a holistic approach to selecting their students and just because OP attended a course at nottingham trent doesn't rule him out.
Reply 14
Are you at Nottingham or Nottingham Trent? Are you studying English or Law? The phrasing and general lack of punctuation in your question made it hard to glean much information from it, which could be a problem if you plan to study law (and i would have presumed would be a problem for an english degree)...Troll?
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
Reply 15
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
even if you had a 1st from cambridge you'd still struggle.
Reply 17
Original post by asdfg0987
Umm yah, but quite sure they have a holistic approach to selecting their students and just because OP attended a course at nottingham trent doesn't rule him out.

Re-read the Op's op "I'm a student in Nottingham", there's a reason people say that rather than simply say "I'm a student at Nottingham Trent/Oxford Brookes/etc." - it's because they're at the **** one. Harvard admissions will say "lol uni fail" and decline them, you need a strong academic record throughout for any post-grad course in high demand but Harvard Law is probably the most prestigious and in-demand course in existence.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Einheri
Re-read the Op's op "I'm a student in Nottingham", there's a reason people say that rather than simply say "I'm a student at Nottingham Trent/Oxford Brookes/etc." - it's because they're at the **** one. Harvard admissions will say "lol uni fail" and decline them, you need a strong academic record throughout for any post-grad course in high demand but Harvard Law is probably the most prestigious and in-demand course in existence.

I'm at nottingham trent, and i hardly think that there is anything wrong with this.
Reply 19
Original post by adam0311
Well the difficulty is going to come from the fact that there are Oxbridge, Durham, LSE, UCL, etc. grads that will be applying with firsts. Not many, but enough to make the competition fierce. If you can pull off a 175, then you've got a shot at a T14. But a 175 is hard as hell to get. Have you looked at the LSAT? The LNAT is a coloring book in comparison.

Really!! you think, so it will just depend on the lsat score as and extra circulars and obviously my uni grades :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending