The Student Room Group

Hmmm, Device to Device communication with No PC?

Ok so i've been set an assignment, a relatively easy one nothing to worry about.

But the one thing we have to talk about is:

Due to arrive on the market in the near future is revisions of USB and Bluetooth that allow devices to communicate with each other without needing a PC to act as an intermediary accessory. Explain the differences in these technologies that make this possible, for example the handshaking element of communication etc.

Now if i'm not mistaken surely connecting 2 devices between Bluetooth has been around a fair while...am I missing something here?
Reply 1
I think the new Bluetooth 3.0 or somethings supports two data travel like a phone call plus it can do like 20MB+ transfers. AWESOME
Reply 2
Original post by Nando-uk
Ok so i've been set an assignment, a relatively easy one nothing to worry about.

But the one thing we have to talk about is:

Due to arrive on the market in the near future is revisions of USB and Bluetooth that allow devices to communicate with each other without needing a PC to act as an intermediary accessory. Explain the differences in these technologies that make this possible, for example the handshaking element of communication etc.

Now if i'm not mistaken surely connecting 2 devices between Bluetooth has been around a fair while...am I missing something here?

Currently, at least one of the bluetooth devices operate on a CPU via a operating system (such as a phone connecting to a bluetooth headset). I assume it means operating without either device having such features.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending