The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The Official Pub/Bar/Club Recommendation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I bought a really cheap white vest and shorts, but yeah, they went straight in the bin..
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Lucyyy
Okay, I just can't help but post this. Can you imagine the wreck this left my shower? it was a vision in blue..

Wow that looks so fun, wish id been there
Reply 82
Original post by Lucyyy
Okay, I just can't help but post this. Can you imagine the wreck this left my shower? it was a vision in blue..

Hah, I know one of those guys. Small world, UEA!
Reply 83
Original post by BethanW
Hah, I know one of those guys. Small world, UEA!

Haha I bloody thought someone might! Which one?
Reply 84
Original post by Lucyyy
Haha I bloody thought someone might! Which one?

Scott, the guy in the leather jacket. We had a seminar together 1st semester! Did you live with him, I think I met his flatmates at predrinks once!
Reply 85
Original post by BethanW
Scott, the guy in the leather jacket. We had a seminar together 1st semester! Did you live with him, I think I met his flatmates at predrinks once!

Small world! and nah I know him because he's my boyfriends best mate at uni, been to predrinks there a fair few times so I know the others in his flat too :smile: It's mad though, everyone knows everyone at UEA somehow!
Reply 86
Love it.. simply too much fun:

Binned the top the day after!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 87
We will be showing classic films each and every Monday. This month we have:

One flew over the cuckoos nest - Monday 3rd
Blade Runner - Monday 10th
What ever happened to baby Jane - Monday 17th
All about eve - Monday 24th

all start at 8pm.

I shall be acquiring a pop corn machine and will also have hot dogs. I may try to find a volunteer (hint) to walk round in period costume with box strapped around neck as it was back in the day.

As were now licensed we have Beers and Wines on sale along with teas coffee's and food.

The films will be played in the back room on the projector so a large screen!

Hope to see you.

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166207510134349
Try doing the speedos challenge. It's crazy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
Hey guys! My friends and I are going on a night out in Norwich on Monday for the first time (we live in Ipswich normally). Where would be best to go do you think? We literally have no idea haha. Thanks :smile:
Original post by clareg92
Hey guys! My friends and I are going on a night out in Norwich on Monday for the first time (we live in Ipswich normally). Where would be best to go do you think? We literally have no idea haha. Thanks :smile:

I've not been out on a Monday in town so I can't say if these are any good, but the most popular night amongst students is at Tau on Prince of Wales Road or Lola Lo's (cant rememeber where it is sorry. Those are the two most popular clubs amongst students.
Original post by jelly1000
I've not been out on a Monday in town so I can't say if these are any good, but the most popular night amongst students is at Tau on Prince of Wales Road or Lola Lo's (cant rememeber where it is sorry. Those are the two most popular clubs amongst students.

Lola Lo's is at the very top of Prince of Wales, just where it splits off from Castle Mall.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Lola Lo's is at the very top of Prince of Wales, just where it splits off from Castle Mall.

cheers :smile:
what stuff do they have on campus?
Original post by BlinkAVA182
what stuff do they have on campus?

In terms of pubs/clubs?
In terms of pubs/clubs?

both i guess
both i guess

Well there are 3 pubs
-The Blue Bar and Red Bar are just off the square and next to each other. The Blue Bar is where events take place like the pub quiz on Sunday evenings and football e.c.t is shown, they have drinks deals some nights like Tuesday and Saturday which is the uni club nights, and hosts Sports Night on Wed (social night for the Sports teams)
The Red Bar is just for chilling with your mates basically- if you want a drink but don't want to watch football or do the pub quiz e.c.t

-The Grad bar- you don't have to be a graduate to go in but its mostly gradutes who go there as its very quiet, they have newspapers, a darts board and some chess games.

-The LCR is the unions club on campus, it hosts fancy dress/themed nights on Tuesday and a normal club night on Saturday. The rest of the time there are gigs and you get quite a lot of big name bands come as its the biggest indoor venue in Norfolk.

Norwich has a range of pubs/clubs for when you want to venture into the city.
Well there are 3 pubs
-The Blue Bar and Red Bar are just off the square and next to each other. The Blue Bar is where events take place like the pub quiz on Sunday evenings and football e.c.t is shown, they have drinks deals some nights like Tuesday and Saturday which is the uni club nights, and hosts Sports Night on Wed (social night for the Sports teams)
The Red Bar is just for chilling with your mates basically- if you want a drink but don't want to watch football or do the pub quiz e.c.t

-The Grad bar- you don't have to be a graduate to go in but its mostly gradutes who go there as its very quiet, they have newspapers, a darts board and some chess games.

-The LCR is the unions club on campus, it hosts fancy dress/themed nights on Tuesday and a normal club night on Saturday. The rest of the time there are gigs and you get quite a lot of big name bands come as its the biggest indoor venue in Norfolk.

Norwich has a range of pubs/clubs for when you want to venture into the city.

thank you! the city centre is about a half an hour bus journey away is it not? are there regular trips to the city and is it a lot of effort to get there?
Reply 98
there are busses every 10 mins or so that are direct and 24h 6 days a week (they dont run between 3am and 6am Monday morning), and takes 15-30 mins depending on traffic. there are about 30ish pubs in the center of norwich and around 200 in the city itself (it was once said "there is a pub for every day of the year and a church for every Sabbath" but there were more pubs than that 100 years ago but a lot of them have gone now)
thank you! the city centre is about a half an hour bus journey away is it not? are there regular trips to the city and is it a lot of effort to get there?

its about 20 mins on the bus to the main part of town (takes 30 to the station because thats at the other end). its up to you and your friends how much you go into the city, but its certainly not an effort to get there- you get on the bus at the uni campus and it takes you to the centre.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending