Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm looking at universities having entry req of either AAB or ABB (or both so AAB/ABB) for BSc Psychology (c800) that have a good reputation generally or for Psychology in particular, hopefully one of them will make up my insurance for uni assuming one accepts me, thank you.

Also, what is the best league table to look at or is it better looking at them all and looking for any trends etc? And for that matter, what reliable league tables exist?

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff, Lancaster and Royal Holloway are all AAB (I think) and quite well respected for psych/generally.

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton, Reading
    ive applied to both and got offers

and ive got offers from portsmouth, plymouth and bournemouth but they're not so good uni's maybe use those as insurance?
    they're either ABB or BBB
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    York typically ask for AAB (usually require two science based A Levels and a B in GCSE maths)

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, most university league tables are terrible. My only advice regarding them is completely ignore the Guardian Psychology rankings, outside of the top ten they seem to have chosen them wearing a blindfold and using a dart. The Times probably have the best one...

Require a C in GCSE Math:

Sheffield - AAB
    Southampton - AAB/ABB
    Bangor - BBC +
    Aberdeen - BBC +

B in GCSE Math (or Science/English)

Cardiff - AAA/AAB
    Royal Holloway - AAB
    Nottingham - AAB
    Kent - AAB
    Leeds - AAB

I think the best ones on there are probably RHUL, Cardiff and Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    Royal Holloway
    Surrey
    (don't apply to Southampton, the towns a bit **** really )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    Royal Holloway
    Surrey
    (don't apply to Southampton, the towns a bit **** really )
    Whaaaat?! Southampton is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackso)
    Whaaaat?! Southampton is awesome!
    well i've lived here for 17 years and it's **** you'll get bored of it very very fast and there's no history or culture! due to it all being destroyed in WW2

ReputationRep:
    Warwick ask for AAB plus AS Level grade B

I think Nottingham is AAB aswel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    well i've lived here for 17 years and it's **** you'll get bored of it very very fast and there's no history or culture! due to it all being destroyed in WW2
    Can't be worse than Cheltenham, at least. =P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.