Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has he lost interest? How quickly do guys lose interest? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I found out that the guy I like started telling his friends that he would love me to be his girlfriend so I assumed that he liked me too. We flirted a bit by text, he always texted first (sometimes i did) and he would never let the conversation die. Suddenly, he seems a little more distant and hardly flirts. He's stopped texting me first but if I text him first, he'll always keep the conversation alive as before.

Is he holding back to see how much effort I'll make to contact him? Or is he just uninterested all of a sudden? Do guys go off girls that quickly? I was wondering why he wouldn't ask me out (well we've only known each other for a month)...

btw..he's a shy kind of guy who isn't a master of conversation

ReputationRep:
    I lost interest in the time it took me to read that post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQuickestSilver)
    I lost interest in the time it took me to read that post.
    it wasn't even that long?

hmm what happened to tsr giving actual advice eh?

ReputationRep:
    yup we lose interest out of the blue sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Personally, it can feel like a million year trying to get a girl sometimes.. And no guy has a clue what she's thinking. You said he's shy, meaning that as well as everything else he probably doesn't think you're interested as he's not had many relationships and wasn't expecting you to be into him.. You should go for it, he does still like you.
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    We cant answer your question.
    Every situation is different.
    It would just be a guessing game.
    the time it takes for a gut to 'lose interest' is a completely random thing depending on the two people.
    Girls go off girls just as much/quickly as guys go off girls.

Will never understand why people post such vague questions that are impossible to answer properly.

ReputationRep:
    You should ask him
    At least you'll definately know where you stand

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.