Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I can't find any German medical schools with English language courses! Do they exist?

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it.

As in most other continental European countries, courses at Bachelor's level are taught in the local language (in this case, German), and courses at Master's level are, depending on the discipline and the university, often taught (at least partially) in English.

And Medicine in Germany doesn't even use the B.Sc/M.Sc. system. I would be very surprised if you found a university that offered any course leading to a Staatsexamen in a language other than German.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freezombie)
    I highly doubt it.

As in most other continental European countries, courses at Bachelor's level are taught in the local language (in this case, German), and courses at Master's level are, depending on the discipline and the university, often taught (at least partially) in English.

And Medicine in Germany doesn't even use the B.Sc/M.Sc. system. I would be very surprised if you found a university that offered any course leading to a Staatsexamen in a language other than German.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    They don't exist. Also: Medicine is in Germany as competitive as in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patientology)
    They don't exist. Also: Medicine is in Germany as competitive as in the UK.
    You study there?

Have you any internationals in your class?

I'm entertaining the idea of researching into studying medicine in Germany, in German.

edit: Just looked at your profile, you are an international, right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.