Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has had a PGCE interview at Cambridge? I've got one this week and I'm feeling fairly prepared in terms of the presentation I will have to give, but am worried about the interview itself and the questions that will be asked. Will they be subject-specific or generally related to teaching? Any other info you could give me would be great!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golden_bough)
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has had a PGCE interview at Cambridge? I've got one this week and I'm feeling fairly prepared in terms of the presentation I will have to give, but am worried about the interview itself and the questions that will be asked. Will they be subject-specific or generally related to teaching? Any other info you could give me would be great!

Thanks
    Hey there, I have an interview on the 7th January so not for a while yet. I know it's off topic but thought I'd say hello anyway! What PGCE have you applied for?
    Good luck with your interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel-88)
    Hey there, I have an interview on the 7th January so not for a while yet. I know it's off topic but thought I'd say hello anyway! What PGCE have you applied for?
    Good luck with your interview!
    Hello! I've applied for the R.E. PGCE, what have you applied for? Any idea which college you'd like to be at? I'm so shocked that I got an interview - when I applied I thought it was a bit of a long shot and expected them to reject me, so now I've got an interview I'm a bit surprised!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've applied for the R.E. PGCE, what have you applied for? Any idea which college you'd like to be at? I'm so shocked that I got an interview - when I applied I thought it was a bit of a long shot and expected them to reject me, so now I've got an interview I'm a bit surprised!
    I've applied for Early Years and I was the same, so surprised that I got an interview! I'm not sure about colleges, Homerton is the obvious choice as that's the education college, all our lectures and seminars will be based at Homerton and they assign us a supervisor and stuff from the college we choose, but they don't have accommodation for PGCE students so i'm really unsure! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Well done! I have one tomorrow but how have you prepared for your presentation? Im doing science and have not been told anything about the presentation? Slightly worried! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel-88)
    I've applied for Early Years and I was the same, so surprised that I got an interview! I'm not sure about colleges, Homerton is the obvious choice as that's the education college, all our lectures and seminars will be based at Homerton and they assign us a supervisor and stuff from the college we choose, but they don't have accommodation for PGCE students so i'm really unsure! What about you?
    I've also applied to Homerton. I had a look around and it's a lovely campus. Good luck with everything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimee-Lou_)
    Hello! Well done! I have one tomorrow but how have you prepared for your presentation? Im doing science and have not been told anything about the presentation? Slightly worried! x
    My presentation only has to be 5-7 mins and it had to be 'something of interest to RE teachers' so I chose the problem of suffering and evi. Bit worried that it is too long. I don't think you need to worry about the content of the presentation too much, I think the purpose of it is to assess how you speak in front of a group of people, so just be confident, speak clearly etc.

Good luck! Please reply and let me know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    I've also applied to Homerton. I had a look around and it's a lovely campus. Good luck with everything!
    Thanks! I automatically thought to do that but apparently it's so hard finding accommodation so might go for one of the colleges that guarantees accommodation for PGCE students if they put it as their first choice. But then again, really makes sense to put Homerton down since that's where we'll spend all our time anyway!

I haven't got any application pack though as I haven't got interview details or anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    I just got my application pack today from Cambridge, I applied for General primary and my interview is on the 6th Jan so I should imagine you will be getting yours tomorrow Rachel-88. I haven't looked at it yet far more important things to do like building a snowman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velovelo)
    I just got my application pack today from Cambridge, I applied for General primary and my interview is on the 6th Jan so I should imagine you will be getting yours tomorrow Rachel-88. I haven't looked at it yet far more important things to do like building a snowman
    :snowman:
    I got mine today as well! Just had a look at it now, pretty much what we thought it would be I think! Glad the presentation is only two minutes and doesn't need visual aids, bit less pressure! Wow that's a lot of exclamation marks there ...

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh exciting, I'm going to look at mine tonight. My interview is at 1pm as well so even if it does snow I should make it ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velovelo)
    Ooooh exciting, I'm going to look at mine tonight. My interview is at 1pm as well so even if it does snow I should make it ok
    Mine's at 9am, I'd rather have your time I think! Not great travelling into Cambridge during rush hour, will have to leave at about 7:30!! Ah well, just glad I got an interview

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Sorry if this is a bit late and most of you have had your interviews...if you have then best of luck!
    If you haven't and need any advice, I had an interview at Cambridge for the Secondary English PGCE on the 12th Nov and got offered a place so I'm happy to be of help.
    The interview isn't as daunting as expected. You just have to be quite lively, engaged and possess a genuine interest in working with young people and addressing their needs.

ReputationRep:
    Affectation, was there anything completely unexpected in your interview? I'm worried that they have been pretty vague in what format the day will take...

ReputationRep:
    I just found out I have a conditional offer Primary PGCE at Cambridge 3 days after interview!!! Best of luck to everyone! Just be sure of your opinions on education, more so than national or government ones! Less time researching and more time really thinking about your views! And how you would approach teaching, using different stimulus!

ReputationRep:
    For those of you that have had the interview already, is it normal that Cambridge didn`t give me any subjet for my presentation? All they said was that I might have one, but I have no idea what I should think about preparing. Any help would be appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vebra)
    I just found out I have a conditional offer Primary PGCE at Cambridge 3 days after interview!!! Best of luck to everyone! Just be sure of your opinions on education, more so than national or government ones! Less time researching and more time really thinking about your views! And how you would approach teaching, using different stimulus!
    Congtats! Bet you're relieved!
    Thanks for the advice I'm really not sure what to expect at all! Particularly with the written task and the group interview. I'll bear in mind what you said though

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vebra)
    Congrats! When was your interview? My friends was on Wednesday and he got in

ReputationRep:
    Ah, mine was Tuesday! Yey for him! (might need to seek him out for dreaded accommodation pairing) How are you finding the course? I'm only working part time at the moment so if there is anything you wish you had got ahead on pre-PGCE do let me know .. even essay titles? :P I'm preparing myself for a lot of work!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.