The Student Room Group

ONS - Can it turn into something more?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by *Lollo*
I really don't know - as I don't know him. I might be moving to his home city anyway over time. LDR is not an option for me - I don't trust anyone enough for that and to me it is rather pointless (a relationship with basically no sex?).
I feel rather silly even mentioning it. But fact is a think about him too much, and I know I should do something about it. He's sent me some mixed signals before which have had me believe he had a crush on me (and I am not the type to read a lot into men's behavior, am a skeptic by heart), other times I convince myself he is a ****. I haven't seen him in a long time, so I am planning to wait it out (yet again) and see if I can develop interest in someone else. To top it we are both proud types - none of us are fond of making the first move.

If you're not seeing him regularly, and you don't have any kind of "understanding", then you should definitely start dating other guys. You can even date several at the same time until something <good> happens with one of them.
Reply 21
Anyone else think this was gonna be about stats?
Reply 22
Original post by Vohamanah
Haha well I don't think I'm bad in bed, or particularly unattractive. I'm just concerned that I'll be his "pretty" girl to call on if he can't pull a stunner. Maybe its just lack of self-confidence. That is definitely something I need to work on. Thanks for your advice and I will definitely bear that in mind.

Hey, how did it go?
Mine did, now going out with her.
I've found this thread quite enlightening!

Hope your drink went well op :smile:
I have an "acquaintance" who I work with. Hadn't spoke to him outside of work before, and not much in work either (that being purely work related discussions). However, we went out on a work social a couple of weeks ago and got along pretty well. We spent a lot of time drinking and talking. Then he came back to my place and we slept together. He went back to his afterwards (Understandably as he had no clothes for work the next day).

The following day we exchanged a couple of friendly emails and a couple of days later I added him on FB. Then something happened which made me think he had been telling people at work about "that night". I asked him about it and I think in doing so upset him. He denied he'd spread anything like that around. I believe him. Cue me feeling stupid for confronting him about it in the first place. I apologised and asked him if he'd care to go out for a drink after work some time. He said he would. We're planning to go for drinks next week.

All good so far. However, my stupid housemates have got me doubting myself again. They have basically said that what will happen is we will get drunk and have sex. Now that's not what I want. Y'know, been there and done that =/ I was hoping to test the waters and see if there might be room for anything more than sex. I was planning to go out for a few drinks with him and have a nice chat. But is it really going to be that easy? Can you really have "a nice drink" with someone you already drunkenly slept with? From a guys perspective, would he be expecting this to be just more sex? I guess I need some reassurance that this can work.

Sure he will stick around to plough your loins a bit more but once he is able tos ettle down and want a serious woman, the last person on his mind will be a girl who spreads her legs all too willingly.

Your best hope he is a thick bastrd, you know, the kind of men that stick with the likes of you because you're probably the best they can get in life.
Reply 26
Original post by py0alb
Hey, how did it go?

Hello =D Well... drinks have been postponed twice. First because of lack of funds from both of us, second time because of his appalling organisational skills (and work commitments, tbf).

BUT our company runs a "free drinks Friday" once per month so I headed along to met some friends who were coming along later and bumped into him, who was also waiting for friends to arrive. So we did have drinks, albeit free ones. Conversation went well. Had a good time. Nothing else happened, as friends arrived after a couple of hours and we went our separate ways.

We didn't arrange to meet up again, but I cheekily suggested today that "free drinks don't count" and I'm holding him over for the actual drinks we agreed. So drinks round two appears to be firmly on the cards =)

Harry: Thank you for your opinion. Lets hope he's a "thick bstard" then, eh? :wink:
Reply 27
Hello =D Well... drinks have been postponed twice. First because of lack of funds from both of us, second time because of his appalling organisational skills (and work commitments, tbf).

BUT our company runs a "free drinks Friday" once per month so I headed along to met some friends who were coming along later and bumped into him, who was also waiting for friends to arrive. So we did have drinks, albeit free ones. Conversation went well. Had a good time. Nothing else happened, as friends arrived after a couple of hours and we went our separate ways.

We didn't arrange to meet up again, but I cheekily suggested today that "free drinks don't count" and I'm holding him over for the actual drinks we agreed. So drinks round two appears to be firmly on the cards =)

Excellent news. Lets hope the drinks go well and you knock him dead. Are you still as keen on him as you were before?
Reply 28
Original post by py0alb
Excellent news. Lets hope the drinks go well and you knock him dead. Are you still as keen on him as you were before?

Still very keen, yup =) Thank you for all your help, I'll certainly let you know if anything else happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending