Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I bought a blackberry torch 9800 a week ago and today i noticed 4 stains on the screen. If I clean the screen, they appear to be gone, but then if I touch the screen they reappear . My finger leaves a print on the screen except for on these bits. I have no idea what caused this, they definitely weren't there before today.

Does anyone know what I can do to remove them?

(there was a similar thread posted here, but with no solution :erm:)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hey Khalaf!! Long time. I would personally take it back, the torch seems to be riddled with problems both hardware and software. Have you tried going onto BB torch forums as they'll likely be more use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Hey Khalaf!! Long time. I would personally take it back, the torch seems to be riddled with problems both hardware and software. Have you tried going onto BB torch forums as they'll likely be more use.
    YOYO :woo: how ya been ?

I don't think it's an issue with the phone itself, because it happened with that other guy off the tmobile website...And it's very unlikely they'll change the phone for me because of a couple of blotches on the screen don't you think ?

I'll post on blackberry forums now..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by khalaf)
    YOYO :woo: how ya been ?

I don't think it's an issue with the phone itself, because it happened with that other guy off the tmobile website...And it's very unlikely they'll change the phone for me because of a couple of blotches on the screen don't you think ?

I'll post on blackberry forums now..
    You should be able to take it out because the phone has a damaged touchscreen, which is not so rare. If you bought it off a high street store and it's within a good period of time they should take it back. If the blotches are very noticeable then I'd certainly make a fuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    You should be able to take it out because the phone has a damaged touchscreen, which is not so rare. If you bought it off a high street store and it's within a good period of time they should take it back. If the blotches are very noticeable then I'd certainly make a fuss.
    It's not a damaged touch screen though It doesn't affect the touch at all..But it's ****ing annoying

It's only a week old I'll take it in tomorrow, see what they say..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.