Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will the Wikileaks founder get assassinated? Watch

• View Poll Results: Chances of being assassinated?
    Certainly
    5.88%
    Extremely likely
    0%
    Very likely
    11.76%
    Likely
    5.88%
    Maybe
    5.88%
    Unlikely
    17.65%
    Very unlikely
    20.59%
    Extremely unlikely
    29.41%
    Impossible
    2.94%

ReputationRep:
    By who? Why? How? Share your views!

ReputationRep:
    all this stuff and watching the event is messing with my mind haha!

he'll probably die 'peacefully in his sleep' in a few years :K:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, controversial!

ReputationRep:
    I selected certainly. But not by the US government. He's going to step on someone else's toes soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a US version of Alexander Litvinenko? However, I'm not sure I think that little of America to believe they would do that.

ReputationRep:
    http://erictric.com/2010/11/25/wikil...nsurance-file/

No.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey will do it to make sure they get in the EU

US don't have the balls any more after 9/11

ReputationRep:
    I admire that he has the courage to do what he's doing against all odds. If he keeps on coming out with juicy stuff that could really **** the US up, I think he probably would meet with a little "accident". But then again, if he was going to be killed, it would've happened already unless the people at the top :rolleyes: don't think the secrets he's leaking are that bad compared to what they know :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerigeeApogee)
    I can't imagine so.

He has a pretty convincing insurance policy of... information.

I do believe he's distributed encrypted files of documents the key for which will be released upon his death.

So if the stuff he's releasing NOW is juicy, how juicy is his insurance policy info going to be?
    Very, very interesting. Although recent releases have been pretty cool. More to come I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herculean)
    Very, very interesting. Although recent releases have been pretty cool. More to come I imagine.
    Either the releases this week are only the tip of the iceberg and there's a lot more to come, or his insurance is just a bluff. Although for his insurance to work there must be more information in existence, otherwise the governments (US) wouldn't care about the files.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is fair to assume that the US government recognise the insignificance of Julian Assange. Certainly he does a lot of work for Wikileaks, but he is only the face of it. We associate him with wikileaks because it is easier to form any kind of emotional connection with a person than with an organisation, but realistically if he were killed, nothing would change. Wikileaks would still release anything it could get its hands on and somebody else would take over. He is only one man.

ReputationRep:
    Not unless he goes sauntering near any grossy knolls.

ReputationRep:
    You've been watching a bit too much Spooks.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't be surprised :no: That rape charge was obviously false, I'm thinking someone else might go to further lengths.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.