Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That people you know and love, friends, relatives, partner etc have gone away to university and come back a totally different person?

For better, or worse?

And was it a temporary thing, or a permanent change?

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    people change, friends come and go
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    At least two of the friends I had from secondary school/orchestras really blossomed and came out of their shell at uni, which was wonderful

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It's normal to change as a young adult anyway, but at University people have a new environment and new challenges, maybe that makes them change even more. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Not just the people who went to university, but people who met new friends change too.
    It depends on the environment and the people around them, and yes they do change.

ReputationRep:
    Some, one person in particular springs to mind though, and it was unfortuntely for the worst

ReputationRep:
    OP, is this you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah or that they've gone to uni and just forgotten me :/
    But oh well, I have a new life too.

ReputationRep:
    ha my cousins changed they use to be quite open and free and since he is at LSE he is an absolute tosser. Like really I think he's starting to have some mental problems.

ReputationRep:
    people change..... its life in all honesty. if they're happy with who they turned into, you should be happy for them.... wether or not their new life includes you

ReputationRep:
    Although none of my friends turned out like this, I've been told loads of people come back as the "atypical" "witty chundering banter lads lets get naked cause we have nothing better to do pose a million different ways to this camera I have held up above of me do the pout...POUT" type. Of course, this is a huge generalisation, as (most) of them are sound.

Surprisingly (?) they seem to have southern accents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    OP, is this you?
    Nope, sorry.

Wish it was though, Stewie is much cooler than me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.