The Student Room Group

What can I do with a BTEC Level 3 in Business?

Okay I got mostly C's at GCSE and my sixth form standards were really high and only accepted grades B or above to take a desired subject (:/). I'm now taking a BTEC Level 3 in Business at college and I don't know what to do after? I can go to University after but I'm not sure if I want to, it'd mean I'd have to retake my maths GCSE (I got a D). I'm not the brightest spark but I'm not a complete idiot either (people seem to think people doing BTEC's are idiots?) what can this BTEC Level 3 get me in life?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the essay!
Reply 1
Original post by danwest
Okay I got mostly C's at GCSE and my sixth form standards were really high and only accepted grades B or above to take a desired subject (:/). I'm now taking a BTEC Level 3 in Business at college and I don't know what to do after? I can go to University after but I'm not sure if I want to, it'd mean I'd have to retake my maths GCSE (I got a D). I'm not the brightest spark but I'm not a complete idiot either (people seem to think people doing BTEC's are idiots?) what can this BTEC Level 3 get me in life?

That aint essay, back to the question at hand, it really does depend really, you won't get "big" job unless you go to uni, instead of asking what job can you get with the BTEC, what job do you want?

if you can answer that then more people are able to help you? :smile:
I'd say something business related, seeing as it's quite a specific qualification? But I don't know, really. I took my BTEC National Diploma in Applied Sciences, so I can't speak from experience. Why don't you go and see someone from your student services or talk to one of your tutors, I'm sure they would be able to help point you in the right direction? However, I'd strongly advise you to resit your maths GCSE or try for an equivalent qualification, because (from what I've seen) many universities will require at least a C grade (GCSE or equivalent) for most subjects.

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 3
if you want to go uni, then you would have to re sit maths and get a c or above, with btec business you can go into business management but you will need to get DDD to go to a good uni, hope this helps.
Check around your local college and see if they run part-time GCSE courses, so you can study and retake your GCSE Math in the evenings whilst at college during the day - or ring up the uni you are looking to go to and ask if they accept any other equivalent (such as Functional Skills or Key Skills). The BTEC Business will prepare you for entry of employment, progress onto an advanced Business course or you can go to university and get a degree but I am not sure whether you can without an advanced business qualification which is two years I think. Good luck and I hope this helped! :^_^:
im planning on starting BTEC medical science, and i would like to also do BTEC business studies. My question is can i do two BTEC courses at the same time.
Reply 6
nutella nO
Reply 7
With btec business would you be able to get into any job or have a better advantage at getting hired
Reply 8
I'm also very interested it that question. I'm finishing level 3 Business the following year and I'm interested to know what jobs I can do with that. I have experience working in hospitality services and would be fine doing such job but its interested to know if I can get fine paid job with a level3. Indeed it's not a specific qualification as you still learn a huge amount of business related topics so it doesnt prepare you for a manager, supervisor or other specific jobs. Indeed I guess it's just a path towards specific jobs at university. Yet I hope at least slightly that with this qualification I can get a job which is further than the national minimum. Otherwise without uni this degree be only a paper.
Reply 9
Original post by danwest

hi i very much doubt that i will get a reply from you but if you do see this i would like to hear what you are doing now and how far the qualification has taken you
Original post by MylesXD
That aint essay, back to the question at hand, it really does depend really, you won't get "big" job unless you go to uni, instead of asking what job can you get with the BTEC, what job do you want?

if you can answer that then more people are able to help you? :smile:
You can do a degree Apprenticeship or take on professional qualifications in the workplace

Quick Reply