Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I get the morning after pill?! help, im soo worried. Watch

I had sex for the first time yesterday night. I'm 19. It was with a guy i met in a club and he came back to mine and we ended up having sex. He wore a condom and it stayed on and didn't break or anything. he had trouble keeping himself in me and it kept slipping out so i don't think he got it all in (does this mean we didn't have sex properly?). He then stopped, i'm guessing he ejaculated but i don't know for sure...then he started fingering me cos he wanted to make me come, this is when it realllyyyy hurt and he ended up with blood allll over his hands (oops) we then stopped.

I'm just sooooo worried that im pregnant, im not on the pill or anything and i feel sick with worry. I'm a first year uni student and this could mess up my whole life.
    it was a BIG mistake i totally regret.

Would it be worth getting the morning after pill first thing tomorrow morning?! i had sex saturday at around 2am.

What are the chances that i am pregnant when its my first time?

Please help.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it would be fairly unlikely that you are pregnant, but if you're worried then I don't see why you shouldn't get the MAP, if only to put your mind at ease. Not that it matters now, but you can get pregnant the first time, whoever tells you otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

You should be fine though! Remember the MAP is more effective the sooner after sex you take it. When I took it, it was about 12 hours later and all was well in the end

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you are pregnant if he wore a condom throughout and it didn't break?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think you're pregnant? :lolwut:

Those pills have some strong hormones in them, they shouldn't be taken for no reason.

(Original post by Blueflare)
    Why do you think you're pregnant? :lolwut:

Those pills have some strong hormones in them, they shouldn't be taken for no reason.
    I see your point...i guess im just worried because im not on the pill or anything and it was my first time so im not familiar with what to expect or how easy it would be to get pregnant. I've decided to leave it and not take it because it probably wouldn't be effective now anyway..i generally don't feel as worried as i was yesterday..haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I see your point...i guess im just worried because im not on the pill or anything and it was my first time so im not familiar with what to expect or how easy it would be to get pregnant. I've decided to leave it and not take it because it probably wouldn't be effective now anyway..i generally don't feel as worried as i was yesterday..haha.
    I think there are some which can be effective up to 2-3 days after you last had sex -- at least I remember that, if you really want to do some research for your own sanity

Otherwise if it's still bugging you in 3 weeks time you can take a pregnancy test to know 100%.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.