Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

help im going bald!!! and starting uni soon. Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi im 18 and developed a large bald batch on the top of my head and looks to me that i may be getting bald in a few years time. since i noticed it my confidence has gone has right down and shaving my head bald will be my only option. im starting uni next sept hopefully and i keep thinking this problem will effect my chances with the girls on nights out to the bars or clubs and in uni in general. has anyone else got a similar problem or am i stressing myself over nothing and do girls actually find bald guys attractive?

ReputationRep:
    Go bald, say you did it for charity. Though this is a short-term solution.

ReputationRep:
    Shave your head! Balding is not a choice, shaving is. People don't have to know.

ReputationRep:
    *affect.

A lack of protein is supposed to cause hair loss but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the cause in your case.

Try shoving a couple of beef steaks and some protein shake mix into a blender, then drink and see if your hair grows back. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    sexy :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rancorous)
    Shave your head! Balding is not a choice, shaving is. People don't have to know.
    This. I think my hair started receding around 24, but I'd been shaving it for years before that, so it hasn't really affected me at all.

I get strange (drunk) girls rubbing my head all the time, I really wouldn't worry about that aspect of it.

(Original post by Kodias)
    *affect.

A lack of protein is supposed to cause hair loss but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the cause in your case.

Try shoving a couple of beef steaks and some protein shake mix into a blender, then drink and see if your hair grows back. Simple.
    Old wives tale . I'm a pretty committed weight lifter, 6 portions of protein a day etc. Has made no difference to my hairline

ReputationRep:
    Same problem with me but i'm female!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtfo)
    This. I think my hair started receding around 24, but I'd been shaving it for years before that, so it hasn't really affected me at all.

I get strange (drunk) girls rubbing my head all the time, I really wouldn't worry about that aspect of it.

Old wives tale . I'm a pretty committed weight lifter, 6 portions of protein a day etc. Has made no difference to my hairline
    No, I said a lack of protein can be a cause, taking more than the recommended amount won't miraculously make your hair grow.

ReputationRep:
    you'll have to bulk up and look like stone cold steve austin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twistedmetal)
    hi im 18 and developed a large bald batch on the top of my head and looks to me that i may be getting bald in a few years time. since i noticed it my confidence has gone has right down and shaving my head bald will be my only option. im starting uni next sept hopefully and i keep thinking this problem will effect my chances with the girls on nights out to the bars or clubs and in uni in general. has anyone else got a similar problem or am i stressing myself over nothing and do girls actually find bald guys attractive?
    tell people you've got cancer.

that'll shut everyone up.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry im sortof goin through that same problem, although im not loosing hair my hair its just very thin. Try growing your hair a little and cut only with scissors and not razors. Also use johnsons baby shampoo you can use it everyday and is as sensitive to your scalp as water. Be gentle with your aswell... Its more than likely a genetic trait passed through your family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtfo)

This is actually more likely to be the cause of it in your case.
    High levels of testosterone can cause baldness (It's due to one of the chemicals testosterone breaks down into, but I forget which one).

ReputationRep:
    his might help you - I know the problem and it helped me. I started having problems with bad, unhealthy looking hair and what everyone called dandruff but learned that it was not but also learned that the cause of all my problems was harsh ingredients in shampoos.and overwashing. So stopped using them and everything started to heal naturally. So you will be better off doing the same. Best to use tea tree oil shampoo - buy at Tesco(own brand). I too was loosing hair and just by chance found a treatment that stopped the loss. I had heard that if the scalp had suffered from bad product use, if was stimulated or irritated in some way that it would get revitalized and would start producing strong well anchored hair that would not shed. So contrary to some accepted thinking that brushing would shed more or break hairs, I started regularly brushing with a palm held fairly stiff bristled brush (50 times). My aim was to stimulate the scalp. There was a little hair shedding and some breakages only to begin with but that stopped as hair started growing stronger. There was some new growth also (yes, amazingly, it was new growth). Kept brushing just as strongly every other day and overtime those hairs grew longer and more new hair appeared. Sometimes I massaged the hair AND scalp with oil(an organic oil - olive oil is good, tea tree oil is better - it's a natural anti-septic) after brushing and slept with it that way. I protected pillow with an old towel. That does get a beautiful, healthy sheen to the hair. No more shedding after that and hair where it was thin is now healthy and full again. I still maintain a regular brushing routine and avoid overwashing - that is bad for the hair.

ReputationRep:
    You could go for the Lex Luthor look? He's quite :sexface: -ey.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images...Luthor%202.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    This is actually more likely to be the cause of it in your case.
    High levels of testosterone can cause baldness (It's due to one of the chemicals testosterone breaks down into, but I forget which one).
    I started receding before I started weightlifting

It's invariably genetic on my side. Both my grandfathers were bald, several of my uncles too.

ReputationRep:
    go bald dude, if you have a "roundish" head, you'll look good and some girls dig baldies

ReputationRep:
    oh no......balding. because it's a big deal.
    obviously it's only going to affect what you think people will think of you; the balding itself won't cause problems. so I guess if you're fool enough to plague yourself with yourself, there is no helping you

ReputationRep:
    http://resources3.news.com.au/images...AP-5702951.jpg

:sogood::love:

ReputationRep:
    It'll only be a problem if you make it a problem, seriously. No one's going to care.

ReputationRep:
    Pepe Reina type bald is cool, enjoy it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.