Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, i got offers from manchester, sheffield, leeds, leiscter, and queen mary to do aerospace engineering. i want to choose either sheffield or manchester as my firm and queen mary as insurance, but i cant choose between sheffield or manchester.

i dont want to go to the open days because of the diffuculty of travel and costs ( i live very far away ) and i just cant be boverd because i know therye both great

what would you lot reccomend that i choose, please specify why in terms of overall best uni, best in the field, accomidation, city, socialness and all that.

thank you

ReputationRep:
    I can't talk about Manchester but aerospace at Sheffield has been pretty great so far. All the main first year accommodation is new so everything is up to date and there's a really good atmosphere in the student villages (Endcliffe especially). Loads of bars and clubs around as well if that's your kind of thing, but even not there's always something to do. Something not so good is we haven't actually done any aerospace-related modules yet (and we're 9 weeks in) but we start an aero-specific module this week so it's not too bad. Up till now it's been maths and physics which is alright really but it'll be good to finally do stuff about planes and everything

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.