Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

More than **** buddies... Watch

Announcements

Ok, I personally hate reading really lengthy problems so I'm going to try and keep this as short and concise as possible.

• Slept with a guy I really like 2 years ago
    • Didn't see him for 2 years and now I'm sleeping with him on a regular basis
    • Its the best sex ever
    • I want us to be more than just **** buddies
    • He doesn't want us to be a couple because his last relationship was "messed up" and he has thus become cynical about relationships
    • He is very affectionate and passionate, even in public (but not in front of my friends or parents)

Question: (3 parter)
    a) Wtf is going on in his head (i.e. why is he heavy on the PDA if he doesn't want to go out with me)?
    b) How can I get him to commit to me?
    c) What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    a) He wants you to keep sleeping with him, and he knows that girls often like cuddly stuff. He does what he can to keep you around and get regular sex.
    b) You can't.
    c) Nothing. Break it off if I had too many feelings and would run a risk of getting hurt.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he likes the affection but he doesn't want the commitment of making it official.
    You probably can't make him commit. At the moment he's getting exactly what he wants...
    If I was you I would be honest about how you feel and tell him that what you have at the moment isn't enough for you. Stop sleeping with him. Hopefully it will make him realise that if he wants you he needs to commit.

ReputationRep:
    you're his **** buddy.
    thats it.
    unfortunately thats how it works, if you're not happy about it. stop it. find someone else.

the idea of a **** buddy is no string sex, the second you get feelings is the second you should break it off.
    you'll find someone better anyway.

ReputationRep:
    He enjoys the sex, but you're not 'wifey material'.

ReputationRep:
    i guess you were DTF, so now you are categorized as being DTF, but not quite the stalking the life of the boardwalk type relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    a) He wants you to keep sleeping with him, and he knows that girls often like cuddly stuff. He does what he can to keep you around and get regular sex.
    b) You can't.
    c) Nothing. Break it off if I had too many feelings and would run a risk of getting hurt.
    THIS!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.