Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i start gaming again ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey all

i havent had any console for about 7 months now , and in this time i have still been keeping up with the latest gaming news , in the last two weeks i have considered buying a New Xbox 360 , The reason why i sold it 7 months ago was because i got terribly bored of it and it would sit on the dashboard for hours at a time :/

Can anyone help me regain my interest in gaming with some ideas on what to do when i get bored on it ? (whether it be game reccomendations etc.)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    AC:B and Fallout NV are both awesome, get them!!

Game with friends (local friends or online, your choice), it's always much more fun.

edit: someone has bad taste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    AC:B and Fallout NV are both awesome, get them!!

Game with friends (local friends or online, your choice), it's always much more fun.
    I often think about these games but then i also think ,its alot of money wasted if i barely play them as most of my friends have college all week whereas im only in Mondays and Fridays atm

ReputationRep:
    As above, Assasins Creed: Brother hood and Fallout: New Vegas are fantastic games.

Don't fall into the FPS trap most people do, it's pointless and over-hyped. To me, FPS died after the original Modern Warfare.

ReputationRep:
    1. Get a decent pc.
    2. Buy some games.
    3. ????
    4. Profit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AH123)
    I often think about these games but then i also think ,its alot of money wasted if i barely play them as most of my friends have college all week whereas im only in Mondays and Fridays atm
    AC: B is good wondering in the city, not a game you could play with your mates as much. Online is AWESOME on AC: B if you have a headset.

ReputationRep:
    Black Ops/Modern Warfare are good for that "one more game" kind of feel (online at least)!

I own all the of the current gen consoles and have never really taken to the 360, just seem to find more games that suit my taste on the PS3, so it might be worth considering other consoles if the 360 didn't do it for you in the first place? (Also has free online, which is ace!)

The Metal Gear Solid series is definitely worth a look at. Can take a bit of time to get into but if you want a game into which you can completely indulge yourself, I don't think there's much better.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else have any games they can reccomend ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AH123)
    Well, both of those games are enjoyable offline (AC:B providing you've played the first two/know the story). Fallout 3 is really good too if you hadn't played that.

I've played CoD online since CoD4 and it's okay, but I certainly wouldn't enjoy it without my friends. You could perhaps rent one of those if you wanted to try it.

But there's loads of other great, older games (depending on which console you get) so there's a lot to choose from. Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, Fifa, Prince of Persia, Mirror's Edge; that's just some of the stuff I've played over the years.

ReputationRep:
    Ive actually sold Black Ops now , only opened the packaging and not the blue seal on case , got £40 for it , now to get on with playing FIFA and NFS : Hot Pursuit

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the love for Metal Gear. Absolutely classic series of games. Never has there been a more complicated and gripping storyline in gaming.
    Returning to the classics might be a good idea. When I can't find anything that looks half decent I go back and play through old games. I do the whole 100% complete all-weapons all-sidequests standing-on-one-leg-whilst-humming run through. It's difficult....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonPeople)
    I agree with the love for Metal Gear. Absolutely classic series of games. Never has there been a more complicated and gripping storyline in gaming.
    Returning to the classics might be a good idea. When I can't find anything that looks half decent I go back and play through old games. I do the whole 100% complete all-weapons all-sidequests standing-on-one-leg-whilst-humming run through. It's difficult....
    Thanks for the reply dude

ReputationRep:
    Starcraft 2 is a must if you have a powerful PC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wata)
    Starcraft 2 is a must if you have a powerful PC.

Starcraft 2 can run on any mediocre computer, I have it on my laptop (GeForce 9300M 256 GPU, 3 GB of RAM and 2.3GHz AMD CPU) and it works fine!

I agree though, Starcraft 2 is a must for anyone - I have been recommending it to every gamer I know and most of the time I get a lame reply like "I don't like RTS cuz I only play FPS", people like that aren't really gamers at all.

ReputationRep:
    Just been round my friends who has SC2 , its awesome

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.