Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've told her secrets about my friends and she's told everyone.
    After her pressuring me to tell and promising she wouldn't tell a soul.

Months before meeting she slept with a guy and led him on, then pulled another guy right in front of him a couple of days later. When I found out, before we were dating, I told her what a horrible thing it was to do to someone and got a little mad at her. She calmed me down.

Then I find out she cheated on an ex with another guy. And she tries to confuse me that was what I had got mad about before. Then she tells me it's none of my business anyway - well to the contrary it makes me think she's not trustworthy.

She's not cheating on me, but the fact she knows I love her leaves me no room for leveredge because she thinks she can do anything and get away with it because I won't break up with her.

In actual fact, I definitely would even if I love her. I'm definitely not clingy but she thinks she can get away with anything.

ReputationRep:
    Dump - before you end up in a dump.

ReputationRep:
    And you're posting this series of statements because...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've told her secrets about my friends and she's told everyone.
    After her pressuring me to tell and promising she wouldn't tell a soul.

Months before meeting she slept with a guy and led him on, then pulled another guy right in front of him a couple of days later. When I found out, before we were dating, I told her what a horrible thing it was to do to someone and got a little mad at her. She calmed me down.

Then I find out she cheated on an ex with another guy. And she tries to confuse me that was what I had got mad about before. Then she tells me it's none of my business anyway - well to the contrary it makes me think she's not trustworthy.

She's not cheating on me, but the fact she knows I love her leaves me no room for leveredge because she thinks she can do anything and get away with it because I won't break up with her.

In actual fact, I definitely would even if I love her. I'm definitely not clingy but she thinks she can get away with anything.
    my bold

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgGA-hHWxtA

(Original post by -beads-)
    Dump - before you end up in a dump.
    It's easy to say dump...but really the secrets were more like sexual escapades of my friends - not major stuff but interesting gossip for her mates. I'm only really giving you a half story - she is great in other respects.

I just think there has to be a better way of handling bad behaviour from someone you've been dating for 5 months rather than just dumping them.

I don't want to be in a relationship right now so she is on the cliff - but I don't feel like pushing her off yet; she's cute, funny, kind and loves me a lot - and it's not all that easy to find a girl like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's easy to say dump...but really the secrets were more like sexual escapades of my friends - not major stuff but interesting gossip for her mates. I'm only really giving you a half story - she is great in other respects.

I just think there has to be a better way of handling bad behaviour from someone you've been dating for 5 months rather than just dumping them.

I don't want to be in a relationship right now so she is on the cliff - but I don't feel like pushing her off yet; she's cute, funny, kind and loves me a lot - and it's not all that easy to find a girl like that.
    then ignore the situation for now, if it happens again then do what is necessary

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.