Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Following on from the 'favourite type of pen' thread:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Staedtler-tr...965463&sr=1-11

If you've tried them, would you say they're any good?

If you haven't tried them, feel free to post your favourite pen or whatnot.

PS. I have a pen fetish obviously
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have the full set and absolutely love them! Had the same lot since I was in year 8 or 9, now in my first year of uni after a gap year, they've lasted forever!

Some of mine now need replacing though, I recently learnt that you can't write pages and pages with them really quickly if you have a heavy hand, after all this time ruined 3 in the course of one exam :cry2: my ultimate favourite for notes and diagrams, but you might want a fountain pen or biro for anything more substantial :yes:

ReputationRep:
    i can't write in fineliners very neatly so it doesn't work for me, good pens though.
    i like uniball fusion pens (they are very awesome ball points), and i currently use a bic quick click (ink cartridge) ball point (love it so much and it can never run out )

what ever you do dont get berol handwriting pens i spent 4 years of primary school using them and it killed my chances of decent handwriting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Some of mine now need replacing though, I recently learnt that you can't write pages and pages with them really quickly if you have a heavy hand, after all this time ruined 3 in the course of one exam :cry2: my ultimate favourite for notes and diagrams, but you might want a fountain pen or biro for anything more substantial :yes:
    Ah right so they'd be good for writing out Higher course notes then to revise? Or A Levels in other words... Depending on where you live

Also, do they 'bleed' through paper? I ABSOLUTELY hate that... And smudging... are they bad in those terms?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LonelySoul193)
    Ah right so they'd be good for writing out Higher course notes then to revise? Or A Levels in other words... Depending on where you live

Also, do they 'bleed' through paper? I ABSOLUTELY hate that... And smudging... are they bad in those terms?
    Definitely :yep: perfect for that

I use good quality 90 or 100gsm paper (the posh optik kind because I'm picky :giggle:) because my alternative pen is a fountain pen and I also hate bleeding, so not sure what they're like on normal paper I'm afraid, using that paper though they've never bled through, but neither does anything else to be fair :p: mine have never smudged except once when I had really plasticy paper, but that's to be expected really

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.