The Student Room Group

Staedtler Triplus Pens - Opinions?

Following on from the 'favourite type of pen' thread:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Staedtler-triplus-fineliner-black-334-9/dp/B000J68836/ref=sr_1_11?s=officeproduct&ie=UTF8&qid=1290965463&sr=1-11

If you've tried them, would you say they're any good?

If you haven't tried them, feel free to post your favourite pen or whatnot.

PS. I have a pen fetish obviously :biggrin:
Reply 1
I have the full set and absolutely love them! Had the same lot since I was in year 8 or 9, now in my first year of uni after a gap year, they've lasted forever!

Some of mine now need replacing though, I recently learnt that you can't write pages and pages with them really quickly if you have a heavy hand, after all this time ruined 3 in the course of one exam :cry2: my ultimate favourite for notes and diagrams, but you might want a fountain pen or biro for anything more substantial :yes:
i can't write in fineliners very neatly so it doesn't work for me, good pens though.
i like uniball fusion pens (they are very awesome ball points), and i currently use a bic quick click (ink cartridge) ball point (love it so much and it can never run out :tongue:)

what ever you do dont get berol handwriting pens i spent 4 years of primary school using them and it killed my chances of decent handwriting.
Reply 3
Original post by skipp

Some of mine now need replacing though, I recently learnt that you can't write pages and pages with them really quickly if you have a heavy hand, after all this time ruined 3 in the course of one exam :cry2: my ultimate favourite for notes and diagrams, but you might want a fountain pen or biro for anything more substantial :yes:

Ah right so they'd be good for writing out Higher course notes then to revise? Or A Levels in other words... Depending on where you live :smile:

Also, do they 'bleed' through paper? I ABSOLUTELY hate that... And smudging... are they bad in those terms?
Reply 4
Original post by LonelySoul193
Ah right so they'd be good for writing out Higher course notes then to revise? Or A Levels in other words... Depending on where you live :smile:

Also, do they 'bleed' through paper? I ABSOLUTELY hate that... And smudging... are they bad in those terms?

Definitely :yep: perfect for that

I use good quality 90 or 100gsm paper (the posh optik kind because I'm picky :giggle:) because my alternative pen is a fountain pen and I also hate bleeding, so not sure what they're like on normal paper I'm afraid, using that paper though they've never bled through, but neither does anything else to be fair :p: mine have never smudged except once when I had really plasticy paper, but that's to be expected really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending