Music aint so square anymore! Watch

This discussion is closed.
bbbb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
People is it just me or have others begun to wander what the hell is going in with the charts. It seems that nowadays its just not possible to be in the UK charts unless your physically or sexually disabled!

Just look at the most recent pop stars and pesudo rock outfits. If we survey the charts currently we find an overweight obese cow at number three with some limp cover song, courtesy of Simon Cowell at Pop Idol (they should be reported for false advertising). Then theres that fraggle rock tribute band, Busted. These pre pubesent eunuchs are pissing off more people than I care to mention.

But back to Cowell and co. Where we have gareth gates who cant even string a sentance together to mime in sync, if this kid ever tried to sing live it would sound like the record was skipping. No chance of a milli vanilli moment here then. And what about Mr Cowell himself. Well its so blatantly obvious that he is ultra gay. I mean just look at the man's trousers. Yeah remember those, he wore them like a nappy. At first some speculated that he enjoyed the sensation that comes only from a wedgie, and others that he was concealing incontinence pants or a colostomy bag. But all these are wrong. The truth is that the horny queir was trying to conceal his lobedo by strapping his erection under his belt. Oh yes simon you are sooooooo gay. Dont even attempt to hide your affair with "lock jaw" Will Young.

But i'me affraid folks this isnt even the full horrible extent of the conspiracy in the music industry. No we also have that butch dyke from fame accademy, Alex Parks. And that troll Elton John. Not to mention goddam George Michael. And as for Jacko, just dont go there! Frankly I blame it all on Liberace.

What do you think?
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Pop I can just about stand to listen to.

But I hate this "street", RnB, "Urban" trash. I can't stand it.

What's that "Don't stop" one with Michael Jackson's Thriller in the background and a crap rap over the top? I just can't bear to listen to it.
DevilsDoor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
*chuckles* got to agree with some of that in there, but dont go knocking liberace, his music is cool, what we want to be looking at is all the covers of old songs, the fact that new and up coming stars (if we can call them that) cant produce an original song if it killed them. Pop music plain sucks, not all of it, but most. Where we had classical, then the all time beatles, Queen, to name but 2 that will always be up at the top we now have poor imitations that will never make it on their own merit, but only get where they have, by remaking wonders of yesteryear.

Originality and more of it please.
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bbbb)
People is it just me or have others begun to wander what the hell is going in with the charts. It seems that nowadays its just not possible to be in the UK charts unless your physically or sexually disabled!

Just look at the most recent pop stars and pesudo rock outfits. If we survey the charts currently we find an overweight obese cow at number three with some limp cover song, courtesy of Simon Cowell at Pop Idol (they should be reported for false advertising). Then theres that fraggle rock tribute band, Busted. These pre pubesent eunuchs are pissing off more people than I care to mention.

But back to Cowell and co. Where we have gareth gates who cant even string a sentance together to mime in sync, if this kid ever tried to sing live it would sound like the record was skipping. No chance of a milli vanilli moment here then. And what about Mr Cowell himself. Well its so blatantly obvious that he is ultra gay. I mean just look at the man's trousers. Yeah remember those, he wore them like a nappy. At first some speculated that he enjoyed the sensation that comes only from a wedgie, and others that he was concealing incontinence pants or a colostomy bag. But all these are wrong. The truth is that the horny queir was trying to conceal his lobedo by strapping his erection under his belt. Oh yes simon you are sooooooo gay. Dont even attempt to hide your affair with "lock jaw" Will Young.

But i'me affraid folks this isnt even the full horrible extent of the conspiracy in the music industry. No we also have that butch dyke from fame accademy, Alex Parks. And that troll Elton John. Not to mention goddam George Michael. And as for Jacko, just dont go there! Frankly I blame it all on Liberace.

What do you think?
i agree with u. music charts arent what they used to be. i sound like a grumpy old pensioner.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)

What's that "Don't stop" one with Michael Jackson's Thriller in the background and a crap rap over the top? I just can't bear to listen to it.
...?
Dont stop is a jacko song...i dont think ive heard that one...
NomadicThrasher
Report 15 years ago
Fact is music hasn't any point anymore.
Rap/RNB/urban -is just singing on how life is hard when most of my friends have two pair of clothes and don't wash.
Pop-pointless crap for girls to talk about
Rock-weedy singers you can't quite make it to metal
Heavy metal-good (rob zombie) but has become manafactured and utter rubbish with repetative tunes (khorn) and little nerds believing they can be something so musics to make conversation and put you in a paticular group. Far right music is taboo and even though crap at least they attempt and sometimes do make good music which 'embiggens the smallest man', I watch to much simpsons, but music all in all is crappy and rubbish. No offence if you love music (classical is amazing) and I have listened to nazi music but i don't posess any.

I'm seriousley bored -_-
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

agreed
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

what about
the cheeky girls
bob the builder
the tweenies
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
what about
the cheeky girls
bob the builder
the tweenies
Them? They're just "bubblegum pop". They're for the kids. As long as they don't get too much airplay I don't mind.

The **** I hate gets far too much radio time.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Them? They're just "bubblegum pop". They're for the kids. As long as they don't get too much airplay I don't mind.

The **** I hate gets far too much radio time.
i take it you don't listen to kiss then? what radio stations do you like. sounds like magic would appeal to you?
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DevilsDoor)
... Pop music plain sucks, not all of it, but most. Where we had classical, then the all time beatles, Queen, to name but 2 that will always be up at the top ...
whoa, lemme get this straight.

did you call Queen a pop group?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads