Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fuming! Chocolate! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/luxur...ckers-P300128/

Recently I've purchased these, box and sales assistant stated: Suitable for vegetarians.

However....

website confirms another thing. Its Not suitable for vegeterians.

Who to believe????????????????????????

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd go on what the actual product states, the physical packaging not the online information as it could have been copied and pasted from another product without the right changes being made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I'd go on what the actual product states, the physical packaging not the online information as it could have been copied and pasted from another product without the right changes being made.

Thanks, the box that the actual product inside it states it suitable for vegetarians.
    The product itself does not have any imprint that its suitable for vegetarians.

Reason why i'm concerned is, the label could have been put on it.

Appreciate the help, I've contacted the Hotel Chocolat directly via mail and hoping to receive response.

ReputationRep:
    Unless it's changed in a day, the website says it is suitable for vegetarians.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. On the website it states that it is suitable for vegetarians.

ReputationRep:
    I back OP, I swear that V sign had a line through before, I DID NOT IMAGINE IT!!!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    It is suitable for vegetarians. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourdigit)
    http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/luxur...ckers-P300128/

Recently I've purchased these, box and sales assistant stated: Suitable for vegetarians.

However....

website confirms another thing. Its Not suitable for vegeterians.

Who to believe????????????????????????

Thanks
    website says it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Unless it's changed in a day, the website says it is suitable for vegetarians.
    (Original post by Kawa)
    I'm confused. On the website it states that it is suitable for vegetarians.
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I back OP, I swear that V sign had a line through before, I DID NOT IMAGINE IT!!!:eek:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    It is suitable for vegetarians. :confused:
    (Original post by f1re)
    website says it is
    Hi guys, thanks for the responses. I've received no response from Hotel Chocolat from my email for past several days now.

Sakura-Chan, your right, they've must have changed it!! Yes joey11223, it was crossed out stating not suitable for vegeterians. I did not imagine it either. They've changed it.

Now its confirmed its suitable for vegeterian. I still want official response from Hotel Chocolat but I highly doubtful they will respond. Surely doesn't take that long to reply.

If this is another silly mistake and its genuienly not suitable for vegeterians. This will look bad on the company, defintely and legal action. I hope there isn't no hidden catches!

I surely dont want to lose respect for them. You guys are my witnesses

I just want to have a Happy Christmas this year.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, thanks for the responses. I've received no response from Hotel Chocolat from my email for past several days now.

Sakura-Chan, your right, they've must have changed it!! Yes joey11223, it was crossed out stating not suitable for vegeterians. I did not imagine it either. They've changed it.

Now its confirmed its suitable for vegeterian. I still want official response from Hotel Chocolat but I highly doubtful they will respond. Surely doesn't take that long to reply.

If this is another silly mistake and its genuienly not suitable for vegeterians. This will look bad on the company, defintely and legal action. I hope there isn't no hidden catches!

I surely dont want to lose respect for them. You guys are my witnesses

I just want to have a Happy Christmas this year.
    just write the ingredients here?

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you e-mail and complain and say how annoyed and upset you are.

free chocolate <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1re)
    just write the ingredients here?
    The product I bought does not ingredients on the outer box. I do not want to remove the packaging.

There is a label sticked on stating:

Suitable for vegeterians.
    Contains: Alcohol, Gluten, Milk, Nuts, Soya.

BB: 1 Mar 11
    Lot No: #######

490g

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    I suggest you e-mail and complain and say how annoyed and upset you are.

free chocolate <3
    I'd be extremely upset if I gave the gift to her and said, its suitable for vegeterians and later in the course of day, the website restated it and confirms it is not or their mislabelling products.

Nice suggestion but free chocolate doesn't help me. I'd probably give you the free chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be extremely upset if I gave the gift to her and said, its suitable for vegeterians and later in the course of day, the website restated it and confirms it is not or their mislabelling products.

Nice suggestion but free chocolate doesn't help me. I'd probably give you the free chocolate.
    Haha sounds perfect :w00t:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.