Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey Gappers, how is it going? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Tell me how you're feeling/what you're doing/how the UCAS app is going. I'm here to listen

Me? What am I doing? Well i'm in New York right now, I've been here for 3 weeks now, so far i'm having an alright time. New York isn't as amazing as I thought. My Uncle lives on the outskirts of New York so don't travel to the city as much as i'd like to. I'm starting to appreciate the UK more, now that i'm here, I prefer the people, the culture, TV, sites, history and also, the British appear to be more intelligent. The Americans do some pretty retarded **** sometimes :facepalm2: I should be travelling to Nigeria in the summer/easter, maybe that'll be a better experience. I plan on doing a lot on my year out, I see it as blessing in disguise.

My reasons for taking a gap year weren't intentional, I didn't get the grades and I didn't have an insurance (long story). I was under serious depression for 2 months, but i'm now recovering. I'm more level headed now, I plan on re-sitting some chem modules so that I can hopefully study biochem at Leeds.

I wanted to study medicine last year, and though I've picked only 2 medicine w/foundation courses this year, i'm hoping I don't get any offers (sounds crazy). I'm having doubts and i'm starting to feel that medicine is not what I want to spend the rest of my life doing, it never really was. I made myself have a 'passion' for it, the downsides of medicine didn't faze me, I was so committed to it and I thought: 'well I like science, and I like helping people, so why not?' My other reasons were respect, job security and money.

No hopeful medic knows what medicine is really like until they actually become a doctor. I want to enter the film/media industry (always have); so after I study biochem at Leeds I want to do my masters at Imperial studying Science Media Production.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.